We will be celebrating Ganesh Chaturthi / Vinayaka Chaturthi on September 1st this year. Just as last year, I thought I should update the recipe list and share the previous years celebrations.
Check out our celebrations that I have been sharing the last three years
Vinayaka Chaturthi Pooja 2007
Vinayaka Chaturthi Pooja 2008
Vinayaka Chaturthi Pooja 2009
Vinayaka Chaturthi Pooja 2010
I thought I should post some recipes that were waiting to be posted. We normally make Sesame laddos. We also made Chikki with them for last year.
Sesame Seeds Jaggary Brittles | Ellu Chikki.
Only we shaped them as laddos.
Black Sesame seeds - 1/2 cup
Jaggary - 1/2 cup
How to make:
Wash and dry the black Sesame seeds in shade. Then dry roast them for few seconds. Make sure you don't do it for more than few minutes, this is just to make sure it's dry.
Melt the jaggary in a bowl, remove impuries if any.
Bring to boil and continue cooking till you get a thread consistency.
Add the roasted sesame to the bowl and stir well. It will start to form a thick mix, remove down.
Have a bowl of water near by, quickly take small balls of the mix and form laddos. Please take care as it will be hot, you can allow it to cool for sometime.
Vinayaka Chaturthi Festival Dishes
Sundal
Kudumulu
Kobbari Kudumulu ~ Steamed Modak with Coconut Stuffing
Pappulu Kajjikayalu ~ Pappulu Karjikayalu
Nugul untallu ~Sesame Laddoo
Kudaalu