Well I guess this saggubiyyam payasam finally had to come out today. I have procrastinated this post for almost more than a year and finally today I have been so held up with things that I couldn't anything new for the last day of the Marathon. All the members were keen on posting a sweet and I can't be the only spoil sport. So this Payasam, which had been in draft finally got life!
Sagubiyam or Sago or sabudan, is something that Amma makes a payasam very frequently. I have never cooked with it. All the time, it has always been Amma who makes a payasam with it. I always love to chew on the sago while eating the payasam.
Will the picture may not be so classic, maybe I will cook it again and change but for now, I am happy that this makes the grand finale of this non stop running for the Marathon. This one month has been a good experience knowing all the new bloggers through this marathon. It has been hectic because I had to literally cook new dishes for all the posts as I had finally decided to do on weekly theme. But how ironical that for the final day I couldn't cook any new ones. Anyway I am not very keen on sweets, so this payasam with lots of childhood memories, makes it a fitting one!
I must thank
DK for inviting me for this Marathon. To the Marathon runners, its been great knowing you all! Though I couldn't drop in to comment on all your posts, I did manage to read most of them. Will read them again in leisure and enjoy. But you girls have done a great job! So many wonderful dishes.
Do remember that
Rice Mela ends on Nov 30th, so do rush with your entries. I will be doing a round up by the second week of December!