Thursday, October 16, 2008

Announcing Rice Mela ~ Celebrating Rice in different forms!

Can you imagine a day without eating rice? I might get mixed reactions for this. But are you one of those people, who need to have rice atleast once a meal in some form? Do you feel deprived if you don't have it for atleast one meal in a day? Then you are plagued with the need to find new ways to eat this. Maybe you are comfortable with eating with side dish or make dishes with Non Veg. But what if you run out of ideas?

Well here comes an answer to your quests. So this edition of Mela will hope to answer all your needs in finding a dish with Rice as the main Ingredient. I hope you will indulge me again with all your beautiful creations. It can be sweet or in any form but using Rice as the main ingredient!

What is accepted:

Any dish which has rice as main ingredient and in any form. It can be breakfast, lunch or dinner. When I say that there are breads made from Rice flour or used in soups, I hope you get the draft! It can be both Veg and Non-Veg. And from any Cuisine.

Send in as many as you like from now till Nov 30th 2008. Email your entries to cooking4allseasons@gmail.com

To participate in this event, please follow the below!
Email and link back to this post are mandatory, if one of them is missing your entry will not appear on the roundup. Thank you for your understanding.

1. Cook anything that's has Rice as main ingredient and post it on your blog from now till Nov 30th 2008. Can send in as many entries are you can!

2. Add a link back to this event announcement, would be nice if you can include the logo!

3. Please send me an e-mail to cooking4allseasons@gmail.com with the following info.

Subject : Rice Mela
Your preferred Name
Dish Name
Your post URL
A picture of the dish

4. Non bloggers can e-mail me the recipe and the picture and I will include it in the round up.

5. If you feel you want to participate but can't find time enough, I will accept already posted entry, if you create a NEW POST linked to this announcement. But it will be really fun to create a new dish!

6. If you want to submit multiple entries, do link your old posts in your new posts, but please do link the announcement page in your original post too.

Looking forward to all your enthusiastic participation!

Back to Main Recipe Index

Go to "Spice your Life" Blog Index


Enter your email address:


54 comments :

Divya Vikram said...

Count me in!

ANJALI J. said...

I am so glad to hear abt this event Sri.. i was waiting for this..yay!

Uma said...

you're back with a great theme again! Count me in.

Ramki said...

Way to go ! Have just sent in my "One page cookbooks - 1001 Variety rice".

/Cheers
Ramki

Medhaa said...

Wow this is perfect. Thanks Srivalli

myspicykitchen said...

this is a nice mela... count me in for at least 2 entries... :)

Vibaas said...

Another great event..and this one will be my favorite :-) Being a south indian i can't go one day without rice and yogurt too :)

Dee said...

Count me in, Sri! What a great idea :)

Cham said...

Good one again Valli!

Suma Rajesh said...

will surly send u my entry..

Sunshinemom said...

I am in for sure!

karuna said...

rice, i wont say i love it. but i enjoy eating it each time i do. i am in.

jayasree said...

Another great theme. I have already few rice dishes in my drafts. And this mela will help me to make it to the blog soon.

Kitchen Flavours said...

Wow awesome event. Collecting all the recipes to send.

Vcuisine said...

Valli, you have selected the most common item in our daily meals. Hope you will enough time to compile it :) Very interesting! Thank you for organizing amidst your tight schedule. Take care. My best wishes to Lakshmi. Viji

Kamalika said...

Im surely gonna send u some entries...

vidhas said...

hi valli,
another interesting event. will send u my posts

Priya said...

Great event .. countme in too..sure will send my entries too..

Jayashree said...

Girl, this is one mela that is going to get several entries. I am most certainly sending some your way.

Arundhuti said...

interesting event...will surely send entries

Happy cook said...

Count me in too.
I have been wanting to try a snack whick is made with rice flour :-)

Sharmila said...

Rice is a great choice ... just wait for the deluge. :-)

Curry Leaf said...

Nice mela,I will try to pitch in

Bhawana said...

nice event again. m not gonna miss it :).

I had missed ur curry mela :(.

n33ma said...

Good Theme.....will send you my entry soon.

Shreya said...

awesome:-) so glad to hear this..

bhagyashri said...

I am not a big fan of rice, but whenever I do feel like having it, I look out for something new to make. So I will be looking forward to the round up for this one :)

Will surely try to send some of my recipes!

Vidhya said...

Have mailed you one Valli.

Vanamala Hebbar said...

count me...

Srivalli said...

Thank you everybody for your enthusiastic response. Looking fwd to get your entries!

sra said...

Valli, saw this?
http://www.telegraphindia.com/1081012/jsp/7days/story_9956303.jsp
Congratulations!

Srivalli said...

Thank you all for your enthusiastic response..looking fwd to your entries!

Archana said...

Great theme. Will post some new recipes also some of the existing recipes soon.

DK said...

I have said it before somewhere..and i say it again! My body is made with rice. Need to have rice..so naturally to get rid of the affliction I was so trying to cut it down and here u r making it tougher for me girl...will try to do the best to send u an entry...dunno where I will fit it in - what with RM#2 next month- U saw my theme right...there is no RICE! mm lemme see!

Lakshmi Venkatesh said...

Great Theme Srivalli. Will surely send you some entries.

Priya said...

Hi Valli...i have send my entries, pls check them...thanks..

Soma said...

Just sent u my entry.

Soma

ranji said...

hey valli..i got the answer to my question i asked u :).. i apologize i asked without even reading this post...thought of going the easier way!!!will send a non veg rice dish for this event :)

Viki Xavier. said...

This is a great theme and useful one too. I am in...

Adlak's tiny world said...

hi sri

rcvd yr mail but wer is my peanut rice. could not find them in the list. can u ols check it out.

Dibs said...

Srivalli - Looks like I have to send my entire blog ;-))))...almost all mains and breakfast have some form of rice!!!

Nithya said...

great theme....count me in too!

vidhas said...

Hi Valli, My first entry to this contest Shahi Vegetable puloa is not in the list now, before it was there. Can you llok in to it. Thanks Vidhya

Archana said...

Count me in too....though i am novice to blogging and this will be my very first participation in any of the events...im really lookin forward to it :)

Kitchen Flavours said...

Hi, i just sent you my entry to the event.

ranji said...

valli i have just sent u my entry for rice mela..hope u got it...

Dhanya said...

Count me in,

Dhanya

Roopa said...

Hi Srivalli, shall I send my photo as a link from Flickr? or do you need it as an attachment?

Dhanya said...

Hai Srivalli,

My link is

http://myhomecooking-dhanya.blogspot.com/

Sorry about that.

Dhanya

myspicykitchen said...

Hi srivalli,
sent you my entries. I sent you 4 entries, 2 new and 2 archived. Please let me know if i sent you all the information you require for the round up. Sorry for the inconvenience.

thanks,
usha

Navita said...

Hi Sri...its just that I didn't know this event was on...i just posted one rice dish on 26th Nov..Had I known I would have sent it. :-(

Sanghi said...

Hi Srivalli..

I'v sent a recipe for the mela.. kindly check ur mail. My blog is sanghi-tastybites.blogspot.com

aquadaze said...

Hi Srivalli,

Sorry for the bother....Sent you my entry, however can't seem to find it in list ...

Mrudula said...

Hi,

Your blog is simply superb! Please post articles on what all things/items needs to be purchased for Karnataka brahmin wedding.Like pooja items, how to decorate and make nice items to be kept for vara pooje, dhare etc. how to make morada baagina, kashi yatre chatri, tamboola,aarathi plate etc look more beautiful.. My sis's marriage is nearing.. Please help me!!!!!! Thanks in advance... :-)



-Mrudula

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...