Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Announcing 'Microwave Easy Cooking' Event!

Taking part in an event has always been something I look forward and is such a fun. I had real fun looking at new recipes and cuisine and trying them out. Since then I always thought I should start one myself. As I said I was planning on Express Meals or something on Lunch Box Series. But looks like Microwave cooking is more in demand.

Cooking in Microwave has always been a big challenge to me even now. Most I have done has been only baking a cake. Then I use it mostly for reheating. We had an oven, which we used extensively for baking. But when we exchange that for a Microwave, we thought we will change our cooking drastically. But when faced with the fact that it involves very specific requirements, I have been hesitant on using it frequently. I came to know few others also felt the same. So here comes a challenge to cook in Microwave, based on the theme of the Month.

Calling all you food lovers, wanting to use Microwave for cooking to participate in this Event, which is going to be "Microwave Easy Cooking". Lets begin with sweet beginning.

From the coming month, the theme will be announced during the Round up.

Details to participate in this Event:

1. Cook any item based on the month's theme in a Microwave and post it on your blog from now till the last date of the month.

Note: Posts on Safety, Tips and other things related to Microwave cooking are also most welcome.

2. Add a link back to this event announcement, and feel free to use this logo:


3. Please send me an e-mail to cooking4allseasons@gmail.com with the following info.

* Subject Line: MEC : Theme
* Your name
* Your post link
* A picture of the dish.

4. Non bloggers can e-mail me the recipe and the picture and I will include it in the round up.

5. Deadline is Last date of the Month and the round up will be posted during the first week of following month.

Looking forward to all the delicious entries.

Details of the Past event Round up:

August 2007 - Microwave Sweets
September 2007 - Microwave Basics
October 2007 - Microwave Snacks
November 2007 - Microwave Side Dish
December 2007 - Microwave Gravies
January 2008 - Microwave Tiffins
February 2008 - Microwave Greens
March 2008 - Microwave Rice
April 2008 - Microwave Cakes
May 2008 - Microwave Steamed Dishes
June 2008 - Microwave Preserves
July 2008 - Microwave Soups and Stews
August 2008 - Potluck Party
September 2008 - Microwave Chocolate
October 2008 -
November 2008 - Pavani - Microwave Cheese
December 2009 -

January 2009 - Raji Microwave Paneer
February 2009 - Jayasree Microwave Puddings
March 2009 - Priya Savory Snacks in Microwave
April 2009 - Mythreyee Microwave Nuts
May 2009 - Rachel - Essential Extras
June 2009 - Simran Breezy Breakfast
July 2009 - Ramya Harish MEC Protein Rich Foods
August 2009 - Srivalli MEC 2nd Anniversary Potluck Party
Sepetember 2009 - Srivalli MEC Potluck Party
October 2009 - Suma Fresh Produce
November 2009 - Paru - Sweets 'n' Savories
December 2009 - Cham Festive Foods


January 2010 - Manju of Mirch Masala Dips n Spreads

Have a great time cooking in Microwave!


Back to Main Recipe Index

Go to "Spice your Life" Blog Index


Enter your email address:


42 comments :

Asha said...

OOH!! That was quick!!:D
Good theme. I love it but not enough time though! Need atleast a month next time.
We will be on a little vacation from this Friday to Tuesday but I will try and cook something simple after I come back before the 25th. You chose a great theme, thanks!:)

lakshmi said...

Cool Theme.

Some sweets that are rather complicated and time consuming can become super easy in the microwave.

Amma has already posted one classic - Theratti Paal aka Kala Kand. I dont think I would ever thought of making this awesome milk sweet had it not been for the microwave.

You can except quite a few entries from our blog. :)

Latha said...

Nice event sri! It will be a pleasure to participate!
Good luck!

ramya said...

this is cool.i am looking forward for this event eagerly.

Jyothi said...

Hi Srivalli! great event with sweets. Surely I will participate. Thanks for hosting a lovely and great event.

starry nights said...

I really have not made any dish in the microwave, just use it for heating up stuff.will see if I can come up with something simple.

Hima said...

I am also hosting an event. Will try to post a recipe for this event before august 25th.

SeeC said...

That a great initiative.
Very interesting and useful event.

Sharmi said...

That sounds interesting.

Cynthia said...

Oh this is going to be an exciting event. These days I only use my microwave to reheat stuff. When I first came to Barbados I cooked all my meals in a microwave as I waited for my gas to be turned on :)

archana said...

I liked the theme. Will surely participate :)

Padmaja said...

very good idea and i am so looking forward to the roundup as i know nothing about cooking in my microwave as i just use to reheat!!!

Lia said...

interesting, hope i can participate also, i shall let u know soon :) thanks

Kajal said...

Nice Theme. I will try to participate my dear....:)

Vcuisine said...

Lovely theme Srivalli. How did i miss this post? Will try something new and easy.viji

Dee said...

I have a recipe !! I have a recipe!!! Great event sri, there will be a lot to learn from this event!

Dee said...

I have arecipe! I have a recipe! great event sri, there will be a lot to learn

Sig said...

Nice theme Srivalli, Aug 25th is coming around quickly, but let me see what i can whip up... :)

Nags said...

great idea, but unfortunately, i dont have a microwave in my bachelor apt here. if i had known when i was home on vacation.. anyway.. can share a recipe which i usually make but dont have pics, since i cant make it here..

let me try though :)

will def send in some tips which mom uses..

Srivalli said...

Thanks Asha...I wanted this to be around a month so that it becomes easy for me to keep track...but you can't participate...do let me know...would love to have your entry

Thanks lakshmi..looking forward to your entries...so glad that this event interested you

Thanks Latha...pleasure will be mine...

Thanks ramya...am looking forward to your entries..

Thanks for the lovely comments..Jyothi...looking forward to your participation

Thanks for dropping by sn...will be very happy if you could participate...

great I checked it out Hima..will try to participate in yours

Thanks for your comments SeeC

Welcome Sharmi..hope you can participate

nice to know that Cynthia...so I can quite a few from you

Will be looking forward to your entires archana

hahah...nice to see such enthu Padmaja..

Pls do try Lia..will be glad if you could participate

Thanks and please do Kajal

thanks Viji...so glad that you finally saw this post...

Thanks for your encouraging comments...Dee...

Thanks Sig...hope to see you with some entries

Would be glad to have them in Nags...and tips will be most welcome

Padma said...

Ohhh I have few recipes in my mind popping out like popcorn right now...I have to hurry in posting them for this even....past 20 days have been real hectic for me to catch up on thing in blogosphere...hope I wont miss this event...

Srivalli said...

Padma...will surely look forward to your participation...

Mansi Desai said...

hi Shrivalli,

thanks for visiting my blog...this does look fun stuff...I'll ry sending an entry if I can think of something nice!

-Mansi
http://funnfud.blogspot.com

easycrafts said...

hi....came across ur blog...really nice and especially the theme of the present competition. My blog is an all exclusive microwave recipe blog...but unfortunately i have not taken any pics...will u accept my entry ????

check out my blog http://easyindianfood.blogspot.com

Padma said...

I will surely participate if the deadline is extended...really appreciate if you do so..the thing is lil busy with this sravana masam puja's and Varalakshmi vratam too..

easycrafts said...

hi, please include this link as my contribution to the competition

http://easyindianfood.blogspot.com/2007/01/sakkarai-pongal-rice-1-cup-green-gram.html

My blog: http://easyindianfood.blogspot.com
http://easycrafts.blogspot.com

Chandrika said...

Srivalli, that's a good theme...I haven't used my microwave for cooking anything till now..Only for reheating..Let me see if I can come up with something quick...Great event!

Srivalli said...

Thanks Mansi appreciate your entry

Most welcome easycrafts..thanks a nice entry

Thanks Padma..have extended, so pls try to participate...but no compulsion at all...

Thanks Chandrika...nice of you to drop in...pls do try if you can come up with something wonderful

satya said...

Hi Srivalli garu
Came after a long break of 25 days.I couldn't believe that a humble request from a non-blogger lime me to start an event on microwave cooking would be taken seriously.I can not thank you enough for that.So...so...so very kind of you. God bless you.

Srivalli said...

Hello Satya, was wondering why there was no response from you. Its good to have you back. Thanks for your suggestions, that has led to a wonderful event for us to learn. Do drop in again when you find time.

Siri said...

Hey Srivalli..

sent u my entry today..:)

- Siri

Bhawana said...

nice event. Now a days m enjoying in participating events like that :). I will try for this also "Easy Microwave Cooking". Nice event again :)
Regards
Bhawana

notyet100 said...

hi...me new into food blogging///plannin to take part in ur event ...do visit my blog...www.asankhana.blogspot.com

notyet100 said...

have edited the settings,,..try now to comment if u still cant do let me know

Srivalli said...

notyet100, I am still not able to comment. Btw you can link your post back to this post of mine..thanks

Roma said...

Srivalli, posted my entry. Hope you received my mail.

Amu... said...

Hi Valli...
Great Blog you have got....I am almost addicted to your site now...

Anyways I am new to Blogging...
Please do Check it out..
www.amusworld.blogspot.com

With this Microwave Cooking Event...what Ctaegory do we ned to cook...is it sweets/desserts???
Do let me know...Thanks Amu:-)

Jerry said...

I see you like microwaving a lot. Hope you know how dangerous and hazardous it is to your health. You can google it to find out.

Madhavi said...

nice event
www.maavantalu.com

Preeti said...

Hi, I am sedning my entry your blog for this event. Please let me know if you get it. Thanks.
http://isingcakes.wordpress.com/2010/07/30/suralichya-wadya/

Lakshmi Swetha said...

Hi Srivalli, This is a great event.Microwave cooking is very easy. I love cooking and also participating in cooking events.So I'm sending my entry to "Microwave Easy Cooking Event" for the month of December 2011. Here is the link to my post.
http://swethavantalu.blogspot.com/p/deserts.html

Lakshmi Swetha said...

Hi Srivalli, Great Event. I already posted my comment. But a small change in my URL Link. So please observe the changes and ignore my previous comment. Here is my entry to "Microwave Easy Cooking Event" for the month of December 2011. The URL link to my Recipe is
http://swethavantalu.blogspot.com/p/eggless-green-apple-and-date-cake-in-mw.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...