Cooking in Microwave has always been a big challenge to me even now. Most I have done has been only baking a cake. Then I use it mostly for reheating. We had an oven, which we used extensively for baking. But when we exchange that for a Microwave, we thought we will change our cooking drastically. But when faced with the fact that it involves very specific requirements, I have been hesitant on using it frequently. I came to know few others also felt the same. So here comes a challenge to cook in Microwave, based on the theme of the Month.
From the coming month, the theme will be announced during the Round up.
Details to participate in this Event:
1. Cook any item based on the month's theme in a Microwave and post it on your blog from now till the last date of the month.
Note: Posts on Safety, Tips and other things related to Microwave cooking are also most welcome.
2. Add a link back to this event announcement, and feel free to use this logo:
3. Please send me an e-mail to email@example.com with the following info.
* Subject Line: MEC : Theme
* Your name
* Your post link
* A picture of the dish.
4. Non bloggers can e-mail me the recipe and the picture and I will include it in the round up.
5. Deadline is Last date of the Month and the round up will be posted during the first week of following month.
Looking forward to all the delicious entries.
Details of the Past event Round up:
August 2007 - Microwave Sweets
September 2007 - Microwave Basics
December 2007 - Microwave Gravies
January 2008 - Microwave Tiffins
February 2008 - Microwave Greens
March 2008 - Microwave Rice
April 2008 - Microwave Cakes
May 2008 - Microwave Steamed Dishes
June 2008 - Microwave Preserves
July 2008 - Microwave Soups and Stews
August 2008 - Potluck Party
September 2008 - Microwave Chocolate
October 2008 -
November 2008 - Pavani - Microwave Cheese
December 2009 -
January 2009 - Raji Microwave Paneer
February 2009 - Jayasree Microwave Puddings
May 2009 - Rachel - Essential Extras
June 2009 - Simran Breezy Breakfast
August 2009 - Srivalli MEC 2nd Anniversary Potluck Party
Sepetember 2009 - Srivalli MEC Potluck Party
October 2009 - Suma Fresh Produce
November 2009 - Paru - Sweets 'n' Savories
December 2009 - Cham Festive Foods
January 2010 - Manju of Mirch Masala Dips n Spreads
Have a great time cooking in Microwave!