Friday, November 7, 2008

Maida Halwa ~ Another exciting Halwa in Making!

You would think I have a big line of testers waiting to eat off my line of Halwas? Well you can't get any more wrong that! The Doodhi halwa was promptly stored in fridge to be served hot when hubby dear, sadly nodded ok. When I heated it up, I couldn't resist a small piece, well it was extremely tasty. But not good when you are calorie conscious! Athamma was asking if I was done with all my Halwa posts, I said I still have few more posts to go. She said if I wasn't so keen on Halwas, she had soaked rice for making Jhangiri. I told her that I had already posted it a year back. She was surprised, but reluctantly agreed not to make them. When Hubby dear overheard that I still have few more to go, he strongly refused to be the tester, as his hours of spending off those calories are taking toll on him. Well I was sure he didn't have a problem with the Chocolate Halwa, as Konda promptly finished off half!

So all this discussion made me decide that I may try just one or two more of the Halwas. I could convince my twins to eat, but they are so unpredictable. Sometimes they like, some they wont even touch. By the way, when I was playing with Peddu, this morning, I asked him to tell me a story. He came close to my ear, with his hands folded as if he was going to whisper in my ears. But he said loud enough to be heard next door, "Chinna Chinna Paappa". Now I don't know what story it is, but he was highly impressed with himself. And very happy too. So we had to clap!

This version of Halwa, tastes very much like the Wheat Halwa. And involves the same amount of stirring but less work when compared with Godumai Halwa.

I am sure these simple veggie sandwiches would serve good too!

Ingredients Needed:

Maida - 50 gms
Sugar - 100 gms
Ghee - 2 - 3 tsp
Cashew nuts - 10 whole
Kesari powder - 1 tsp

Method to prepare:

Dissolve sugar in water and cook till you get a one thread consistency of sugar syrup.

Make a thin batter of maida/ all purpose flour, mix kersari powder in water.

Roast the nuts in ghee and keep it aside.

Once the sugar syrup is ready, slowly pour the maida batter into the sugar syrup and keep stirring well. When it starts leaving the sides, add the ghee. Mix well.

Have a plate greased with ghee ready. You will its ready when it starts leaving the sides.

Spread it over the plate.

Check out the delicious dishes dished out by the RM group:

DK , Siri , Anu, Ranji, PJ, Curry Leaf, Medha, Priya, Bhawna, Raaji, Ruchii, Kamala, Roopa, Divya Kudua, Rekha , Divya M, Lak, Raaga, Lakshmi Venkatesh, Sripriya, Viji, Kamalika and Pavani

Back to Main Recipe Index

Go to "Spice your Life" Blog Index


Enter your email address:


25 comments :

srikars kitchen said...

wow.. nice entry.. loooks really tempting .. nice click...thxs for sahring..

Jayashree said...

That's my favourite colour for any halwa.

Happy cook said...

I love this halwa. Pity I am not there, i would be delighted to be your taster.
Here Hans and Shyama are not big fans of halwas, so i am too afraid to make them as i know i will eat all of them.

viji said...

wow!!!! superb halwa srikar.taking ur halwa giving u sweet surprise.Receive friendship award frm my blog

Bhawana said...

Mouthwatering halwa, color is soooooooo beautiful. I heard first time abt this halwa. But really looking as if I shud try once. Srivalli, I bookmarked your page for halwa series.

DK for her powders. great running in this event.

Madhu said...

looks delish Sri, Like your halwa recipes.

Curry Leaf said...

Nice halwa,though I am not a sweet person,I have to agree that the choc halwa is amazin and my pic,and the veggie halwas are healthy.As for testers,here also the same case.

Roopa said...

Srivalli , you rock with these halwas:) Perfect color and shape :) Thanks for the recipe dear:)

Mansi said...

this looks really tempting Srivalli! and easy enough to try:) I'd be happy to be your halwa-tester:)D

Vanamala said...

I heard wheat halwa ... maida halwa never tried looks really interesting sweet

Priya said...

Glossy Halwa looks fabulous..mouthwatering..

Cynthia said...

I want to pick all the nuts and eat them :)

Medhaa said...

love the color and your presentation

Sukanya Ramkumar said...

That is so cool. Halwa looks so nice. Will try it soon. This is so new to me. YUM!

Vij said...

gr8 entry. Lovely colour!! i am sure it will taste yummmmy!

Red Chillies said...

You dont have enough testers? I wish I lived close by, I would have gobbled them all and tested as well :-)) Looks yummy!

rekhas kitchen said...

wow that looks so so yummy ammause to make this for me on my Bday every year befora marriage and it was ahot fav for me till now u took me back to those days hummm

Cilantro said...

Halwa looks too delicious... Kids are so innocent right??? I can listen to all they say but the sad part is not understanding them...

Divya Kudua said...

So many halwas Valli..am confused as to which one to try out first..;-)But yeah,the calorie part scares me a bit..;-)I love the texture of the halwa and amazing presentation!!

Dibs said...

Not done yet done with sweets after Diwali? :-)) So many halwas!!

romaspace said...

Great range of halwas, Srivalli!

PJ said...

Can u please pass me that halwa?? can't wait to taste it...

veena said...

Sri ..

u r doing great work ..Maida Halwa...!!!

its looks so delicious and tasty ..mouthwatering halwa sri ..Keep up the great work
love
veena

Amu Krish said...

I love this halwa..n have been looking for this recipe!Thanks a ton 4 sharing it...looks delicious! Mouthwatering.. :)

sarah said...

I too love this halwa.
I normally remove the gulten from
the flour before making the halwa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...