Capsicum Paneer Frankie | How to make Easy Capsicum Paneer Wrap

We are starting the second week of BM#65. I will be doing one vegetable in three ways. It all started when I had one capsicum dish cooked and in the draft for a long time. I was thinking I should cook some more of capsicum dishes as this seems to be my latest favorite veggie.

It also helps that I have a huge collection of capsicum recipes, collected over years. Whenever I think of capsicum dishes, I glance through it to get some ideas. When I had to make some wraps for myself. That's when I thought that making some Frankies with capsicum and paneer added on, will get my kids to eat this as well. That's exactly what happened and it was such an enjoyable meal.

I end up making such dishes for Sunday Lunch for the vegetarians at home. However seeing that this had Paneer, my kids also wanted to eat it. I was happy that they didn't mind the onions or the capsicum, though I know they would've preferred just the Paneer Frankie.

Capsicum Paneer Frankie

Ingredients Needed:

For the Wrap

All purpose flour - 3/4 cup
Wheat Flour - 1/2 cup
Cold Butter - 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
Water to knead

Add the butter and salt to the flour, crumble well. Then slowly add water to knead into a soft pliable dough. Let it rest for 5 mins.

For the filling

Oil - 2 tsp
Crushed Garlic - 1 tsp
Onions - 1 medium
Green Chilies - 2 nos
Capsicum - 1 cup, cubed
Tomatoes - 1 big
Red chili powder 1 tsp
Turmeric powder a pinch
Salt to taste
Pav Bhaji Masala - 1/2 tsp

How to make the filling

Crumble the paneer well. Keep it aside.

Prep the vegetables and have it ready. Heat a nonstick pan with oil, saute the crushed garlic, add onions, green chilies. Saute well.

When the onions turn colour, add the capsicum cubes. Saute well. Simmer and sprinkle a little water on top. Not too much, though. Few drops are enough.

Now add the tomatoes, spice powders, combine everything and simmer till it gets cooked.

To assemble the Frankie.

Divide the dough into equal balls, dust well and roll out discs.

Cook over hot tawa on both sides, transfer to a plate, place the stuffing in the center and wrap it around the stuffing.

Serve hot.

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM

Labels: , , , , , , , ,