Thursday, March 10, 2016

Chocolate Lassi

We are starting the second week of BM#62 and I will be sharing some Chocolate Dishes. I know I repeat myself on how much chocolate is loved at home. However I decided not to make any cake or cookies and not even some western desserts.

Instead when I was thinking about what sort of chocolate dish I should make, I thought some fusion will be interesting. I have already done some Chocolate fusion with Indian dishes. I remember I still had some more ideas on those lines.

So decided a fusion will make it all better instead of the cakes overload!

First in the series is the Chocolate Lassi. Lassis are my favorite curd based drink. I have made Mango Lassi, Regular Lassi, so one was pending with chocolate!

Chocolate Lassi

Makes one Cup

Ingredients Needed:

Curds / Yogurt - 1/2 cup
Milk - 2 tbsp
Chocolate Syrup - 1/4 cup
Sugar - 1 tsp

How to make the Chocolate Lassi

Beat the curds along with sugar and syrup in a blender, till it turns foamy. Add the milk finally and pulse again before transferring to a serving glass.

Drizzle on top with syrup and garnish with chocolate chips if you prefer.


Sending this to Kalyani, who is guest hosting my Kids Delight Event, themed on Chocolate.



Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM

Back to Main Recipe Index

Go to "Spice your Life" Blog Index


Enter your email address:


13 comments :

www.annapurnaz.in said...

Wow!!Chocolate Lassi....can't wait to try it....

Amara Annapaneni said...

Interesting combo, looks delicious. Must give it a try.

Sapana Behl said...

Chocolate lassi sounds interesting.

Srividhya Gopalakrishnan said...

Valli, I would have never thought of combining these. But thinking about it why can't right? You always come up with great combos.

rajani said...

Chocolate lassi...definitely out of the box thinking Valli!

Annu Swamy said...

Its definitely out the ordinary. Its going to my to do list.

Gayathri Kumar said...

No one can beat you in chocolate recipes. This lassi with choco syrup sounds yum..

Priya Suresh said...

My all time favourite lassi, just love it anytime.

Pavani N said...

Chocolate lassi sounds so rich and decadent. Very interesting twist to a traditional Indian dish.

Sandhya Ramakrishnan said...

Did not expect anything less from the chocolate queen. That is quite an innovative recipe :)

Harini-Jaya R said...

Wow! That is an innovative one! I shall try it out with the kids and see if they like it!

Jayanthi said...

I'm not too sure if I'll try chocolate with lassi...but you are tempting to change my mind

Chef Mireille said...

yes please - didnt eat much today and everything I seem to want right now - bad time to read food posts ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...