Eggless Vegan Banana and Chia Seed Muffins

For the second day of making Anti Inflammatory Diet, I opted to make a muffin with Banana, Walnut and Chia Seeds. I remember somebody had gifted us with Chia seeds, I realized it was Priya Srinivasan. And then in another meet, Priya Suresh gave us Black Poppy Seeds. I saw one packet tiny black seeds and assumed it to be chia seeds and even confirmed with my friends. I tried looking at the net for pictures. Both looked same from far.

Anyway I baked this delicious muffin and was happy with the results. Only thing left to confirm is to soak the seeds and see if it blots up or not. I would suggest you try these for a breakfast and feel happy indulging in a mildly sweet good filling muffin.

I was only able to click the step by step, and yes that cute heart and final clicks are Konda's handiwork!

Eggless Vegan Banana and Chia Seed Muffins


All purpose Flour /  Maida- 1/2 cup + (5 Tbsp + 1 tsp)
Olive Oil - 1/4 cup
Egg Replacer - 1 tbsp + 3 tbsp water
Chia seeds - 1/2 tbsp
Walnut flour, chopped - 3 tbsp
Sugar - 1/4 cup
Baking powder - 1/2 tsp
Baking soda - 1/4 tsp
Bananas, peeled and mashed 1/2 cup
Vanilla few drops
Walnut, chopped for topping

How to bake Eggless Vegan Banana and Chia Seed Muffins

Preheat the oven to 175 C

Grease and dust a 12 cup muffin pan or use paper liners.

In a bowl, mix the egg replacer with water and keep it aside.

In a bowl add the flour, sugar, Oil, Chia seeds, walnut pieces along with flour. Mix well. Then add the baking powder, baking soda, Banana puree. egg replacer.

Mix everything with a spatula.  The liquid should be enough to get the batter, if required add a tsp of water.

Using a mini ice cream scoop, fill the molds. Top with walnut.

Bake for 15 or until a skewer inserted in the muffins comes out clean.

Cool on a wire rack.

Serve warm

The original recipe calls for 1 & 2/3 cup of flour. I halved the recipe, so I used 1/2 cup flour + 5 tbsp + 1 tsp flour.

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM

Labels: , , , , , , , ,