Baked Veggie Chips Recipe

We are starting a new edition for the month with BM# 61. For the first week, I will be posting some Root Vegetable recipes.

Though we do use most of them, never baked before and especially never in a chips form. I recently read that these baked chips are often given to toddlers, who can nimble on these. I guess it forms as an introduction to the little ones to get used to eating vegetables. Nothing like that happened with mine.

I still feel the pinch of it.

Anyway I was quite surprised and shocked that I have unconsciously ended up making chips for this theme. I could've easily changed the theme to Root Chips than just Root vegetables. I didn't realize that the inside joke of my BM group influenced me so much, albeit all unknowingly.









I was quite harassed thinking what to cook with the root vegetables, as we are quite set in our habits and not given to being adventures in certain areas of eating. Like chips refer to potato only and yes sometimes extend to plantain.

So thinking about baking a whole lot of root vegetable was quite new. I was inspired by this idea, however I simply made it in indian style. 




 
Baked Root Vegetable Chips

Ingredients Needed:

Mixed Root Vegetables - 2 cups
Oil - 2 tsp
Red chili powder - 1 tsp
Salt to taste

How to bake mixed root chips

Wash and peel the out skin. Take all the vegetable chips in a bowl, drizzle the chili powder and salt and add oil. Toss well.

Pre heat the oven at 200 C.

Line a baking tray with parachment paper, spread the chips over the plate in a single layer and bake for 20 mins.

Toss again and spread more evenly if the chips are struck together.

Bake for another 10 mins.

Mine got done by 30 mins.


Notes:

You could think of baking with just salt and oil and drizzle the chili powder later. Add more spice as well if required.



Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM

Labels: , , , , , , ,