Dry Fruit Chikki ~ Lohri Special Dishes

We are starting the second week of BM#60, this week featuring Festival Foods. I wanted to focus on Sankranthi Special dishes and decided to check out what special dishes are made across India. 

Our Sankranthi holidays are mostly spent in my SIL's home. This year will be first in many years that we are not going and will be at home. I remember my childhood when we used to visit my father's village where sugarcane is the main crop during this period. I have seen jaggary being made and it was so interesting to watch it being made. While I don't exactly remember this chikki being made, I checked out that this Dry Fruits Chikki is made in Punjab for the Lohri.

Lohri special dishes seem to be around these dry fruits chikki and it actually was a breeze. I was inspired by this and wanted to make it right away. It turned out so good and in such a less time for the amount I made. Hubby dear infact said he would prefer this way to eat the dry fruits in jaggary. So make this and enjoy!










Dry Fruit Chikki

Ingredients Needed:

Badam - 15 nos
Pista - 15 nos
Cashew - 15 nos
Raisins - 15 nos
Jaggery - 1/4 cup, grated.
Ghee - 3 tbsp

How to make the Dry Fruits Chikki

Grate jaggery or break into pieces.

Heat a non stick pan with ghee and then add the jaggary to mix well.

Let it cook for 5 mins until the jaggary is melted and starts leaving on the side.

Now add the dry fruits to the jaggary mix. Let it stand for few mins.

Grease a plate with ghee and transfer the dry fruits to the plate.

Allow it to cool and break into bite size pieces.





Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,