Friday, February 13, 2015

Savory Waffle with Sprouted Moong Dal Pancake | Pesarattu Waffle ~ Indian Style

For the final day of Weekend Brunch, I was planning on making some waffles. I have been forever so fascinated with waffles, have always been wanting to make them. Yet the time was never right and I saw myself skipping it each time I decide. My waffle maker is almost 3 years old and I used it for the first time today.

I associate waffles with lazy breakfast and somehow felt a brunch would deem fit only if I serve waffles. I planned on making some savory waffles for the elders and chocolate based for the kids. When I checked my waffle maker's booklet, there were so many ideas one could make. So I chose to make some savory types with either spiced Dosa batter or with Moong Dal.



Since our Pesarattu turns out great, what with it's nutty taste, I decided to go ahead with it. I used the same proportion almost, expect making it with sprouted moong. Amma made the batter more spicier than normal and I gingerly poured in the batter, hoping it would come out of it fully.

I was so elated when I saw the pesarattu coming out without any problem.

So here's for a savory version of our regular Pesarattu. I served it with Yellow Moong dal.

I also made a Eggless Double Chocolate Pancake Waffle, which tastes great as such!

The  recipe is the same as what I have in my Pesarattu

You can enhance by adding sprouted Moong dal for the batter. Serve this with Yellow Moong Dal

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 48

Back to Main Recipe Index

Go to "Spice your Life" Blog Index


Enter your email address:


8 comments :

Nivedhanams Sowmya said...

nice way to make kids eat pesaruttu.. my daughter will eat this without fuss..

Viswa said...

OMG This is amazing! dosa batter in waffle maker!

Sandhya Ramakrishnan said...

How innovative of you! Looks lovely and I am sure kids would approve of it without any fuss.

Pavani N said...

Wow, pesarattu waffle is surely a fancy dish :-) Will have to try it out some time.

Harini-Jaya R said...

Yup the same batter turns out great in a waffle maker.

Chef Mireille said...

congrats on finally christening the waffle maker

Priya Suresh said...

Very creative and am in love with this savory waffles.

Sapana Behl said...

Very innovative waffle.Good one..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...