Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Palak Paratha | Spinach Roti ~ Easy Breakfast Ideas

After the delicious Ragi Adai, I have some stuffed parathas, very colourful and so healthy as well. I am talking about including palak into your paratha, and ending up with a beautiful green coloured parathas.

I know I have Kids Delight Colourful dishes coming up shortly and I have been literally breaking my head as to what to make. My hostess has asked us to avoid artificial food colouring. And here I am with a pretty green colour and I could've saved up this recipe for then!. Everything looks good hindsight. Anyway I will have to cross that bridge then.

Now coming to this recipe, I actually made it for dinner and eating and enjoying, I wanted to make for my breakfast as well. So you have a delicious stuffed paratha, for your breakfast and a quick dinner idea as well!

So for BM#49 under Indian Bread Baskets, I have Palak Paratha for the second day!



Palak Paratha | Spinach Roti

Ingredients Needed:

Wheat Flour - 3 cups
Palak/ Spinach - 1 bunch / 1 cup puree
Coriander powder - 1 tsp
Red Chili powder - 1 tsp
Cumin Powder - 1/2 tsp
Hing a pinch
Turmeric powder a pinch
Salt to taste
Garam Masala - 1/4 tsp
Ghee - 2 tsp
Oil for cooking

How to make Palak Paratha

Wash and clean the spinach leaves. Blanch well and allow to cool. Once the leaves are cooled down, make a puree.

In a bowl, take the wheat flour, add all the spice powders, along with spinach puree, mix well to combine everything.

Then slowly add water to knead to a stiff dough. Let it rest for 10 - 15 mins.

When ready to make, heat the tawa, greast with oil, pinch out balls, dust with flour and roll out into discs.

Cook on hot tawa on both sides.

Once done, serve hot with pickle and curds.

Sending this to my Breakfast Event as well!
 
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 48

Back to Main Recipe Index

Go to "Spice your Life" Blog Index


Enter your email address:


12 comments :

Sapana Behl said...

What a healthy and colorful Parathas.My fav..

Sandhya Ramakrishnan said...

So bright and vibrant and a perfect vehicle to get the greens in kid's meal.

Srividhya said...

wow.. Love that green color. Yumm

vaishali sabnani said...

Valli the Parathas are really very fresh looking, they are a real good green...excellent I must say so.

Suja Ram said...

Parathas look so lovely and definitely a treat to a eyes n palate. Bookmarked.

Harini-Jaya R said...

That is surely colorful and healthy.

Varadas Kitchen said...

I love the vibrant green color. Colorful food is my favorite.

Priya Srinivasan said...

Lovely green valli!! With all those spices it must taste great!!!

Archana Potdar said...

Wow what colour Valli. Must have tasted awesome.

Priya Suresh said...

Spinach paratha looks absolutely green and bright, healthy parathas definitely.

Suma Gandlur said...

I too make these with blanched and pureed spinach. Vibrantly colored and healthy ones.

Pavani N said...

Wow love those vibrant green Parathas Valli. They came out just perfect.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...