Dilli ki Aloo Chaat | Dilli ki Fried Aloo Chaat

We are starting the second week of BM#48, and I will be doing my favorite theme - Chat Special. Even simply thinking about Chaats makes me want to have some right away!  Chats also form the ever popular street food and there may not be many who may not like Street foods.

For today I will be sharing Dilli ki Fried Aloo Chaat, that I tried from Vaishali's space. When I was thinking about what to cook for my office competition last month, this was one of the candidate. In fact we made it in small quantity and whoever tasted it, simply loved it. Then we decided against it as making it and serving it in one shot for about 100 people, will be a tough task and we dropped it.

My colleagues were saying that if we don't take proper care in not serving it right off the pan, it might end up being a typical potato poriya as we make it. I wholly agreed and selected something else as you all know.

However I made it at home and it was such a hit. When I was checking out the recipe, I read Vaishali had used Yellow chilly powder, which is available only in Delhi. She had packed some when we had met and I guess I should ask for some more.

As I read her recipe, this is more like what you would cook up when you have stove going on and people gathering near you, you dish out hot stuff. When I served at home it was different. I was able to achieve it at office the same environment. Still it's a chaat you should try.

Dilli Ki Aloo Chat

Ingredients Needed:

Boiled potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes.
Black salt/ Kala Namak
Red chilli powder
Roasted cumin powder
Black pepper pwd
Salt to taste
Tamarind water
Lemon juice

Fry the cubed potatoes on a gridle, till crisp.

Mix in the spices according to taste and drizzle the tamarind water and lemon juice.

Serve hot.

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 48

Labels: , , , , ,