Tricolour Bell Pepper Fried Rice

I am almost late in coming up with this weeks Cooking from Cookbook. I was leafing through my clippings and remembered the couple of Capsicum recipes, plus an exclusive listing of nearly 30 different recipes of featuring capsicum. I had capsicum of all colours, hoping I would end up making something. Those have been lying around for nearly a week. 

Luckily all of them were still fresh and tempting. I decided to make this simple fried rice for the lunch today. Paired it with Nune Vankaya. I know it's a weird combination, however I strongly believe nune vankaya lends itself to anything and I wasn't wrong. The combination  was so delicious. I made Coconut pulao for the boys and it was Tricolour Bell pepper Fried Rice for the rest of us. 

I was happy in striking out another one from those clippings. Get ready to read some more bell peppers soon.
We have just another week to go before we start our Mega Marathon and I still have about six more states to do and none even written. I know it's going to be a hectic week ahead.

Do join us in the marathon and I am going to share some chocolate dishes as well. So watch out!


Tricolour Bellpepper Fried Rice

Ingredients Needed

Basmati rice - 2 cups

For the Fried Rice

Oil - 2 tsp
Tricolour Bell pepper - 2 cups
Spring Onions - 1 cup
Green Chilies - 2
Onion - 1 big
Garlic - 2 big / 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
Soy Sauce - 1 tsp
Pepper powder -1 tsp

How to make the Fried Rice.

Wash and soak the rice for 15 mins.

Bring a big pot of water to rolling boil. Add the drained rice and cook till it is half done. Drain the water and spread over a plate. If required sprinkle oil.

For the Fried Rice

Heat non stick pan with oil, add finely chopped garlic. Saute till almost brown. Then add onion julienne, onions of the spring onions, green chilies, saute well.

Now add finely chopped bell peppers. Cook on high. Next add soya sauce, pepper and salt.

Add the cooked rice and combine everything together.

Adjust spice and finally add the spring onion greens.

To get the smoky effect on the onions and bell peppers, tilt the vegetable over the flame and let it cook it for couple of minutes.

Make sure you cook it on high flame after adding the bell peppers, else it tends to become soggy.

Other Fried Rices:
Chinese Fried Rice with Cauliflower Manchurian!
Vegetable Fried Rice
Egg Fried Rice
Chicken Fried Rice Indian Style
Gobi Fried Rice
Tomato Fried Rice with Paneer

This goes for the March Week 4, Cooking from Cookbook Challenge  Group

Labels: , , , , , ,