Friday, January 24, 2014

Coriander Moong Dal Dosa | Kothamalli Pesarattu ~ 101 Dosa Varieties!

This must surely be the fastest recipe from a paper clipping that found the way to the blog. It was just last week that The Hindu featured some dosa varieties. As if there was a dearth of varieties with dosa, Amma decided to make this right away. She also saved the paper clipping for my records. I made it for dinner last night and it surely was so delicious.

What I liked most was the lovely green colour that refused to go even after being cooked. I thought the batter has the colour and it will change after cooked, no it still was so lovely and I managed to click a few quick ones before attacking. Since our return from our Sankranthi Vacation, things have been sort of hectic. Though I had clicked loads of pictures, cooked some new ones, I am still trying hard to edit them. So I am not sure when those pictures will actually get shared.

Meawhile, I can't ignore my Cooking from Cookbook Challenge and here's an apt recipe to share. This is a lovely twist to the original Andhra Pesarattu with coriander being added.

 

Coriander Moong Dal Dosa

Ingredients Needed:

Moong dal: 2 cups
Small onions: 2
Green chillies: 4
Coriander leaves: 1 bunch
Oil For cooking
Salt: To taste

How to make the Dosa

Wash the dal thoroughly and soak it in water for five hours.

Change water couple of times, drain and grind it to a fine paste.

Make a paste of the rest of the ingredients and mix it into the dal, along with salt to taste.

Keep the mixture aside for at least 2 hours and then prepare the dosa.

Serve hot with sambar and chutney.

This goes for the January Week 4, Cooking from Cookbook Challenge  Group

Back to Main Recipe Index

Go to "Spice your Life" Blog Index


Enter your email address:


9 comments :

Manjula Bharath said...

such an healthy and delicious dosa :) looks yumm !!

Suja Ilangovan said...

I love pesarattu & I love the flavor of fresh coriander leaves - just never thought of combing my favorites :) looks great Valli !

Mayuri's jikoni said...

I love that you have added so much coriander. This is similar to the gujarati pudlas.

Archana Potdar said...

Yum. Its so yum I have had to correct my spelling 3 times now.

Arthy shama said...

Dosa looks very healthy and an apt start to begin the day :)

Hari Chandana said...

delicious and healthy combination.. yummy!!

Pavani N said...

Love the addition of coriander to pesarattu batter. Makes them greener and so delicious.

Padmajha PJ said...

Its ages since I made adai and the next time I soak the ingredients, sure to try this version.Lovely color....

Vijayalakshmi Dharmaraj said...

I can guess the flavor and taste of the greeny dosa... Love it...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...