Cocktail Paneer | Curried Indian Cottage Cheese ~ Party Starters

I had a weekend off and though I had planned my Saturday to the hilt, Sunday went off in a breeze. I had taken the kids to the latest Telugu Flick, Atharintiki Dharedhi. The movie was hilarious, I went in after much persuasion from the kids as hubby dear was busy on Sunday and I had to accompany them. Well I was glad I did, as it has been a while since I have watched any movie and this was a welcome break. 

Anyway I managed to cook something on Saturday, trying very hard for the next BM to be done. With just a mega marathon just getting over today, all of us were feeling bereft already! Well that doesn't mean I can ignore my weekend cooking and this is just the right thing to get done for a Saturday evening snack or a party starter.
 






Cocktail paneer

Ingredients Needed:

Paneer - 500 gm
Cooking cheese (grated) - 6 tbsp
Thick cream - 1 cup
Cornflour - 2 tbsp
Ginger-chilli paste - 1 tsp
Coriander leaves (finely chopped) - 2 tbsp
Refined oil - 1-1/2 tsp
Salt and pepper to taste

How to make Cocktail Paneer

Cut paneer into big cubes.

Add chilli-ginger paste, grated cheese, coriander leaves, cornflour, oil, salt and pepper. Add the cream and beat well to get a light mix. Continue till you get a smooth consistency.

Apply the paste over the paneer cubes. Grill in an oven till crisp for about 10-15 minutes.

Serve hot with a spicy sauce.


This joins the Weekend Cooking along with Vaishali and Champa.


Labels: , , , , ,