Tomato Kurma with Coconut Milk

When I was making the Sunday Breakfast, I suddenly realized that the version of tomato kurma that I already have, is different from the one that I am making currently. As you might know, Tomato Kurma has lots of memories associated and when I visited Vaishali for our BM 25 Celebrations, she had wanted me to make.

I made it for them and everybody loved. After couple of weeks later, Vaishali called up to ask the recipe. I said it's on the blog, only to realise what I already have is different from what I make now. Of course the same ingredients in a different way and method. Only it made all the difference.

Then I thought I might as well record this as this is what my kids love. Appam with Tomato Kurma is a standard breakfast at home every Sunday and it's a pleasure to share with all what my kids love.












 Second Milk

 Third Thin Milk
First Thick Milk

Tomato Kurma with Coconut Milk

Ingredients Needed

Tomatoes, puree   - 4 medium
Onions, coarsely minched - 2 medium
Ginger Garlic paste - 1/2 tsp
Thick Milk from 1 big Coconut
Second and Third milk from the same with 3 glasses of water.
Red Chili powder - 1 & 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder - 1 & 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
Garam Masala - 2 pinches
Coriander leaves
Fennel powder - 2 pinches
Oil - 2 tsp

How to make Tomato Kurma

Heat a non stick pan, add oil, onion paste. Saute till the colour turns. Then add ginger garlic paste. Saute well.

then add the tomato kurma and all the spice powders. Simmer till the oil comes out.

Make Coconut paste, Sieve the thick milk and keep aside.

Paste again with more water and first use the second milk followed by third milk.

Add the garam masala, fennel powder. Bring to boil.

Finally add the thick milk and simmer for 5 - 7 mins.

Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with Appam.

This joins the Weekend Cooking I do with Vaishali and Champa.

Labels: , , , ,