Chicken Kabab | Fried Chicken Kababs

Talk about vacations and still clicking pictures for the blog! This happens when I visit my sil and I get to enjoy eating without really being worried about cooking it myself. Of course this chicken Kabab that I clicked, was the latest crazy with the kids and I was told over the phone that I must prepare myself to make it when they come home. 

Yes, during this summer vacation, when the boys visited their aunt along with their grandmom, this was one of the most frequently made dish. When we visited them to bring them back, my sil had again made it to show me how it is done. While I can't vouch for the taste myself, I can tell you that this plate was full just for 2 mins. After that I couldn't see anything left. Kids simply loved it. 

Back home I have made this couple more times, however all the time it so happened to be a dinner party and clicking step by step was near to impossible.

Anyway this has been lying around drafts for long and decided today is just the day to share some very simple starter that doesn't really require you to grind so much masala. I am not into store bought masala, but then hey when the kids like it, I don't mind trying it out once and then recreating the masala at home!

Chicken Kabab

Ingredients Needed

Chicken - 1 kg
Ginger - Garlic paste - 2 tsp
Salt - 1 tsp (adjust as per taste)
Corn flour - 2 tsp
Red chili powder - 1 tsp
Oil for deep frying
Chicken Kabab Masala (store bought ) - 50 gms
Curds - 2 tbsp

How to make the Chicken Kabab

Wash and cut into bite size pieces.

In a wide bowl, add the chicken, kabab masala, salt, corn flour, red chili powder, ginger garlic paste and curds. Mix everything well and let it marinate for at least 2 hours.

Once ready to fry, heat a kadai with enough oil, mix the chicken pieces once again and drop in the hot oil. Cook on medium flame until the chicken gets cooked completely. Each batch might take around 7 - 10 mins on low to medium flame.

Drain on kitchen towel and serve it hot.

Labels: , , , , ,