Friday, April 8, 2011

Celebrating 4th Blog Birthday with Breakfast Mela!

It's not everyday we end up thinking of how to celebrate a milestone right! I somehow seem to have got on a tradition to celebrate the blog birthday with a Mela and so be it. The Melas seems to have taken a break and I thought it was high time I started it again.

Reasons being I met couple of blogger friends who expressed that I should start back the Melas. I could not really say no and this seems to be a good way to celebrate the blog 4th Anniversary as well! Keeping in traditions and having fun on the way too.

So during one of my discussions with Champa, the different rhyming titles came up and she was cool enough to throw lots of ideas.

It's been a fun filled, completely addicted four years of Blogging. And I can't thank enough my readers, blogger friends and more importantly my family for the support they have given me all along.

It's been quite sometime in the recent days that I have actually cooked anything new or specially for this blog. I have a huge pile of pending recipes, all clicked, some recipes forgotten. I feel sad that I missed to note down the recipe of some of them. But I am sure I will get around making them again to post here. Off late my energy is spent more in getting Spice your Life awareness. Hence I thought a Mela will be motivating enough to get me cook new dishes for the celebrations.


So join me in celebrating the Blog Anniversary by making and sending me Breakfast dishes.

You can read about how the third Anniversary was celebrated, which also has the previous Mela entry stats.

So from now till May 20th 2011, post any dish that you serve for a Breakfast on your blog. This dish can be of any cuisine, both Veg and Non Veg accepted. Of any variety be it rice, cakes or whatever that you serve for your breakfast! For example, I often make Ragi Sangati with Groundnut Chutney for breakfast. So you get the draft!

Link back to this announcement and send me your entries to cooking4allseasons@gmail.com  with subject as Breakfast Mela. I will be happy if you use the logo.

Multiple entries are accepted, infact would be glad to get all different dishes that you have already posted. But please update the post with this post link.

The email can be in this format

Name
Post URL
Recipe Name
Link

Last date to send in your entries will be May 20th 2011.

I hope you will enjoy participating in this event and make it a success.

******************************************************************

Check out the Four part Round ups

Breakfast Mela Part 1 
Breakfast Mela Part 2
Breakfast Mela Part 3

Back to Main Recipe Index

Go to "Spice your Life" Blog Index


Enter your email address:


52 comments :

Raksha said...

Happy blog anniversary.
Count me in for the mela, will soon send the entries

Shobha said...

Congratulations and best wishes on the blog's anniversary....will definitely send my entries soon.

Divya.M said...

happy birthday to ur blog....congrats for 1001....also....

Nithya said...

Wow.. four years of awesome blogging :) As I always say you are simply a rock star :) Best at what you do :) Keep it going dear :)

Count me in for your event. Will be posting a breakfast dish on coming wed and it will surely go for your event :)

vaishali sabnani said...

happy anniversary!!sounds interesting..will post the recipes!!

Vimitha Anand said...

Happy blog anniversary and thats a wonderful mela... will send in my entries soon

Prathibha said...

Will send my entry right away..I have posted one 2day...happy blog anniversary...

Priya said...

Happy 3rd bloganniversary Valli..Wonderful theme,will send my entries soon..

Smitha said...

Happy Blog anniversary Srivalli! wishing u many more years of wonderful blogging!
Count me in for the mela!
Smitha
Smitha's Spicy Flavors

Priya (Yallapantula) Mitharwal said...

Congratulations Valli :)

That is an excellent idea to celebrate blog anniversary with this wonderful event. I will surely try to participate.

Suman Singh said...

Happy blog anniversary, breakfast mela sounds like a great event..will send in my entries soon...happy hosting..

dr.antony said...

Hi jay
I was away for some time.
Happy blogversary!

Cool Lassi(e) said...

Congrats on hitting such a wonderful milestone. And happy birthday to your wonderful blog. Will send a couple of entries. Tx.

Mina Joshi said...

Congratulations!! I will certainly look for some nice breakfast dishes!!Did I tell you my son likes left over pizza for breakfast? So you may get some unusual recipes!!

Premalatha Aravindhan said...

Congrats!!!Happy Blog Anniversary Sri,keep rocking...

Poornima Nair said...

Happy Blog Anniversary...

veena krishnakumar said...

Happy blog anniversary valli

Aruna Manikandan said...

Happy Blog anniversary and wishing u many more....

vidhas said...

Happy blog anniversery Count me in :-)

homecooked said...

Happy Anniversary Sri! The mela looks interesting. Will try to post something :)

Preeti said...

Many happy returns of your special day.....I am joining you in the mela..

Susan said...

Breakfast, what a wonderful thing to wake up to. : ) Yours is the first post I'm reading this morning. Congratulations, Valli, on four years.

And I am in for your Mela.

Eat Hearty said...

Many Congratulation!!! Will surely be participating in this event :)

Ankita
http://eat-hearty.blogspot.com/

Rani acharyulu said...

Hi Srivalli
Happy blog Anniversary.Wishing you many more years of blogging. Break fast Mela!Very interesting event!!
warm wishes
rani

Nithu said...

Happy birthday to ur blog. I am in for the mela.

PJ said...

Happy blog anniversary Srivalli and it a nice way to celebrate.Will send in my entries too :)

Priyanka Agrawal said...

hey dear happy anniversary forur blog.
@Savi: as for the linking, it is already linked. i think u might not have noticed. it is the last few words of the post.

TipsNDeals said...

happy birthday to ur blog..will send my entries soon..u have wonderful blog and recipes..

Sonia said...

This is a wonderful blog and I will definitely be sending the entry to your Mela.

Is there anyway I can host the Mela in future.

saffronstreaks said...

happy blog anniversary, cool idea to celebrate it with breakfast mela
count me in
cheers

RedSpice said...

Happy birth day to your blog for completing 3 years.Celebrate it and enjoy.

Eat Hearty said...

Congratualtions Srivalli :)
Just sent my entry for the breakfast mela event!!

Ankita
http://eat-hearty.blogspot.com/

Jay said...

happy hosting ...just sent my entry..!

Sweet U C said...

Happy Anniversary. Such a lovely blog & beautiful recipes. Please can I join in too? This is the first time I'd be doing this :))

Srivalli said...

Thank you everybody for the wishes

Sweet CU Yes you can join us too.

RS said...

Congratualtions Srivalli :)
Just sent my entry for the breakfast mela event!!!

Spice Lover said...

Happy hosting. Will send my entries soon.

Vardhini
http://vardhiniskitchen.blogspot.com/

Torviewtoronto said...

sent in an entry
regards

Urmila said...

Hi srivalli,

Congrats on four years of blogging.....You have a wonderful blog here.

I am fairly a newbie in the blog world....would like to participate in your breakfast mela.....

My question is can I link my previously posted recipes by updating them with this link or should I repost them?

Srivalli said...

UrmilaThanks for dropping in. Would be great if you repost, if that's a hassle, do send in new ones.

Thanks for the interest

Mom Chef said...

hey Srivalli:

Happy anniversary !
Here's my entry.. Let me know if I need to mail you separately as well :-)

http://itsnotmadrasi.blogspot.com/2011/05/kanjivaram-idli-kanjeevaram-idli.html

Hasna said...

oh... i've seen ths late... will surely send my part

http://hasnasdelights.blogspot.com/

Jaleela Kamal said...

Happy blog anniversary.
will try to send,

Binitha Shajesh said...

Hi,
Happy Blog Anniversary. The Mela sounds very interesting. This is the first time I'm participating in any mela/ event so I'm quite excited. Need loads of support too.
Will post my recipes soon!!

Cheers,
Binitha
http://yourstastefully.blogspot.com/

Binitha said...

Hi,

How do I update the post with this post link?

Binitha

Ruchi M said...

Sent in an entry too. Great idea for an event!

Ruchi
http://ruchsimplyfood.blogspot.com

Ruchi M said...

congrats on 3 years and have sent you my entry too! hope you have received it.

cheers,
ruchi
http://ruchisimplyfood.blogspot.com

Madhusmita said...

Sent my entry Cheese Puff Pastry-
http://redspice.in/2011/05/cheese-puff-pastry/

Madhusmita said...

Happy blog anniversary Srivalli.

Jaleela Kamal said...

Hai Srivalli
http://samaiyalattakaasam.blogspot.com/2009/11/sasuage-sandwich.html
Please check my entries

Lavanya Selvaraj said...

Happy blog anniversary Srivalli. This is going to be my first event in the world of blogging. :-)

how to cook lamb said...

Happy blogging anniversary can't wait for the filed pending recipes you are going to post. looking forward to that one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...