Sunday, June 20, 2010

Pineapple Halwa ~ Halwa Recipes

There have been days when I thought what next fruit to make into a halwa. Not that I particularly like Halvas but there is things fixation on making a halwa that comes with a deep fitted passion of getting a halwa done. I love Tirunelveli halwa but well it is not an easy task to make. One can get settled down with something else in most cases right. 

This Pineapple Halwa was waiting patiently for over months. Pineapple is one of my favorite fruits. Infact I enjoy chopping down the fruit. Athamma always gets father in law to get pineapple for us when he visits us. On one such occasion he got two fruits and we were at fits trying to decide what to make other than eating it as such. I remembered the many times I used to make Pineapple Upside down Cake a decade ago. Well I am sure I will make it one of these days.

When for Sankranthi, Athamma made this halwa I felt it was more of a toffee too. One that we can roll into balls and gift.


Pineapple Halwa

Pineapple puree - 1 cup
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Milk - 2 tbsp
All purpose flour - 1 tsp
Ghee - 1 tsp

Method to prepare:

Wash, trim the pineapple into chunks, make a puree in a mixer.

Heat a thick bottom pan, add the pineapple puree, bring it boil. Then simmer add the sugar.

Dissolve the flour in milk and slowly add to the boiling puree.

When you find the mix is almost coming from the sides, add the ghee and continue stirring well.

When the mix is almost thicken, remove from flame.


We didn't allow to thicken further to make a burfi, it was quite in a liquid form.

I enjoyed this more as making this into a small balls, which tasted as toffees.

Update: Sending this to Nivedita's Celebrate Sweets - Halwa event!

Other Halwa recipes

Back to Main Recipe Index

Go to "Spice your Life" Blog Index


Enter your email address:


24 comments :

Nithu Bala said...

I love Halwa but never tried one with pineapple. Looks very tempting..thanks for sharing this..yummy..

Neha said...

really nice recipe...my 2 year old son is fond of sweets, will make this for him

Priya (Yallapantula) Mitharwal said...

Looks wonderful and delicious. A very new recipe for me. Bookmarked it for future :)

Shobha said...

This is something new...though I don't like sweet dishes...I love to make them for my guests.

Rachana said...

I have never tried pineapple halwa... I love pineapples and am sure I would love this halwa too :-)

The Housewife said...

I love pineapple halwa... this is a great way to use up fruit! I really miss tirunelveli halwa... my father in law used to bring it for us every time he travelled that side. Now in LA, I need to make my own! :)

anubhavati said...

you know srivalli, i always loved the pineapple kesari at sangeetha restaurant....do tiy have the recipe for that one? have u ever tried it? your halwa looks crreamy and awesome..wish i cd spoon some in to my mouth.

Shobha

Jay said...

OMG, thats very tempting...just love a grab a spoon dear...

shifa firoz said...

never tasted this.. i think i still havve a lot of time till i try this wonderful recipe :)

Sukanya Ramkumar said...

Never tried halwa out of pineapple. Looks so good. YUM!

Sanjeeta kk said...

A good change for a halwa fan(carrot halwa), Shall try it to feel the difference.

shanthi said...

Nice one with pineapple

Jayashree said...

I love pineapples, but I don't like cutting them. Halwa looks good.

Vanamala Hebbar said...

halwa looks yummy

Priya said...

Woww glossy halwa looks tempting..

Mythreyi Dilip said...

Halwa looks glossy and smooth in texture that too with yummy pineapple, i luv it dear:)

Home Cooked Oriya Food said...

wow - lovely halwa!

Susan said...

So, so easy! Tastes like toffee...mmmmm...I'm thinking perhaps a little like the top of a pineapple upside down cake, but without the fuss. Nice!

Kairali sisters said...

Hi Srivalli

Thanks for your visit to us. We are first time here and man we loved your space, Amazing recipes yaar...Hats off to you ...

See you often..

By the way Halwa looks delicious...

Love
Kairali sisters

Divya Vikram said...

Wish I could reach that plate. Looks lovely Valli.

Sushma Mallya said...

i like sweets but never came across pineapple halwa, surely must be yum...

alwayswinner786 said...

Hi,
Thanks for your visit. Yummylicious recipe blog of yours.
I am drooling!

Chandrika said...

Hi,
I am a veteran cooking blog reader, that is I only read never make :-)... So with Diwali approaching and two sweet lovers at home,I was forced to look for a recipe. I tried your recipe because it was written with such easy to follow instructions... It came out great. thanks for the recipe.

Anonymous said...

I love the Recipe,was yummy
any chance you can do this in a microwave,
thanks mustafa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...