Friday, April 16, 2010

Celebrating Three Years Blogging with Thanda Mela Event!

Each day comes bearing its own gifts. Untie the ribbons...

Every day is important and every minute spent rightly is worth you many memories. Still some days are more important than others. Like your birthdays or anniversaries. It's on that day you embarked on a new journey, a journey of a lifetime. Each journey makes you what you are. And on this day three years back, I created a space which has come to mean so much to me.
When I was addressed by an acquaintance as 'Oh Cooking 4 all Seasons' Srivalli' recently, I didn't know if I should be upset or elated with the reaction. Well I choose to be elated about it. What is better than celebrating with friends the day I created this blog. To celebrate my first anniversary I had Dosa Mela, followed by 6 different themes. Each mela was an instant hit with entries that left me spell bound.

Due to various reasons, I stopped after Mango Mela, which happened July 2009. Ever since I have been asked so many times by friends and readers when I was going to have the next Mela. One of the biggest constraint was having a rhyming name. I have been dallying around with themes and names. I knew I was nearing the date for this announcement and I had to hit on an apt name. As I was running short of ideas, I even asked Alka to suggest some names. Then I was pestering hubby dear since yesterday. I think out of sheer frustration he finally hit on a name. He just said have Thanda Mela!

Before going into the details of the event, I would like to thank all my readers, friends who have supported me and my work. I really wish for once all my lurking readers de lurk and give me their feedback and suggestions. I would love to get fresh ideas to improve and make this space more interactive.
So thank you everybody for letting me share.

Now for the Thanda Mela details!

Ok, to give you an idea on how many entries I am expecting, here is the data on the past Melas.

Dosa Mela got about 200 entries
Roti Mela got about 280 entries
Curry Mela got about 350+
Rice Mela got about 350+
Mithai Mela got about 320+
Mango Mela got about 160



From now till May 31st 2010, post any dish that is served cold, be it sweet or spiced on your blog.

Link back to this announcement is mandatory as it will help spread the news.

Multiple entries are accepted, infact would be glad to get all different dishes that you have already posted. But please update the post with this post link.

When I said spiced dish, I refer to cold soups etc. To be more specific you can send in Refreshments, Smoothies, Shakes, Ice creams, Cold Payasams and anything and everything that you may serve cold!

Please fill in the details in the event form. I have sent auto notification, and will be checking on everyday basis. So you need not worry about the entry not reaching me.

Still you can contact me through mail if you have a doubt.


Back to Main Recipe Index

Go to "Spice your Life" Blog Index


Enter your email address:


38 comments :

Smitha said...

Congrats Srivalli on completing 3 years!! wow thats seems so far away to me!! I am sure you must be elated!! and I am happy for you!!..I was a always a silent follower of ur blog...learnt so many things from here tooo :)
Wishing u many more years to come!!
sign me up for the mela...i will be there!!!

Priya (Yallapantula) Mitharwal said...

Srivalli, first of all congratulations on 3 years, wow, what a big milestone. And amazing mela concept, especially "thanda" as it is the season to eat thanda stuff. Please do post links to your old roundup, if possible.

Simran said...

Three years!!! WOW, Congrats.

Now I can start thinking of all the thanda dishes I can make :)

Divya Vikram said...

When I hear about your melas, it is like preparing for a festival. Am so excited! And congrats on the milestone Valli.

Shabs.. said...

good one srivalli.....Count me in for sure sure!!....Super event and quite easy one as well...expect more entrees than previous ones:)

Kiran said...

Congratulations on reaching your 3 year mile stone and wish many nore such wonderful years of blogging from you.Today I happened to read your other blogs too.I liked your art work and your stories of Laurel and Hardy & Tom and Jenny.
Reminded me of all the TV shows I enjoyed in childhood and also your creation of stories for your kids has brought a nice smile on my face as I to do the same --make new story creations everytime.

Love the Thanda Mela.Will surely send in my entry.

AvanthiRao said...

cooool event count me in will send some :)

Uma said...

Happy birthday to Cooking 4 All Seasons. Wishing many more in future.

Good to see mela again. Will send something for sure :)

Raaga said...

Hey, let me see what I can send in. :-) congratulations.

Swati Raman Garg said...

agree with divs... its like a festival..... :) i guess me too coming to participate in the mela.... already have a few clicks.... guess its the rite time.....

congrats on the milestone sri...

rajani@eatwritethink said...

hi srivalli, congratulations for 3 years of blogging :) will definitely join in on the thanda mela. gre8 idea for the coming months.

notyet100 said...

congrats dear,lovely theme wills end u my entries,..

Aruna Manikandan said...

Congratulations srivalli!!!!
Lovely event count me in...

sra said...

Happy Blog birthday, Valli!

Leena said...

Congrats on completing successful 3 years!!..Nice concept..try send u my posts..

nivedita said...

hi Valli
Congratulations dear. Will look forward for many more years, Great event. Definately try to send some entries.

Rachel said...

Congrats on the milestone Valli!

Smitha said...

Thanx Srivalli for visiting and leaving comments on my blog...as I said in my previous comment I will be there for the Thanda mela!! Summer or not :)

Happy Cook said...

Congragulations Valli.
A pefect theme, especially for the hot weather there. I will sure send you something really really cold. Have a wonderful sunday too.

Aparna said...

Congratulations on the 3rd anniversary of your blog, Srivalli. I'm wishing you many, many more here.

Valli said...

Congratulations Srivalli!!! Have been a delurker all the while..Its high time to atleast say thank you for all the hard work you put in this site....a big THANK YOU. I like your presentation and the recipes too :-)

Cynthia said...

Congratulations!!!

PriyaVaasu said...

Congrats Valli on this New MileStone, Wishing you Many More Years to Come!!!
BTW Nice Theme, already sent two of mine!!!!

Kanchan said...

Congrats on your three years !
Wish you many more of such birthdays !

Count me in for this Mela :)

Valarmathi said...

Congrats Valli!

Red Chillies said...

congratulations Srivalli, wishes for more to come.

simply.food said...

Congrats on your 3 years of blogging.Sent my entry in today..:)

Panchpakwan said...

Congarts on completing 3 yrs of blogging..Ge8t Milestone.

Sayali said...

Congratulations :) Thanks for my blog-hopping habit.I got to visit the lovely space of your..I am a budding blogger...This is a great achievement...Have a great year ahead :)

Priti said...

I have added my entry but not sure if the category is right..

Umm Mymoonah said...

Hi Srivalli,Congrats on your great achievement,also your events and roundups blog is also very helpful,your doing really a good job.I have also added my entry to your event,hope it suits your event.

Priyadarshini said...

Congratulations!! I came across your blog recently and am very excited to submit my entry to your Thanda Mela Event.

Jay said...

Hy Srivalli,
First time here...chanced upon your blog seeing the Thanda mela Event logo in my Friends space...
Glad to send my entries to the event and loved your fascinating blog...Am your new follower now...;)
Do drop in at my blog sometime...

GayathriRaj said...

Hey hi Srivalli.....im first time visiting ur blog by seeing ur EVENT in one of my friends blog..when i bumped in here i loved all the events and the the this evnt too... And three yrs of successful blogging is a gr8 inspiration to me too...loved ur blog...will send in my entry soon....
Please so visit my blog if time permits..Thanku...

Sayantani said...

A big congratulations to you Srivalli for completing 3 years of blogging. thats a great achievement.
the concept of the event is very apt for the season. just sent you one entry. please confirm if you get it. thanks.

Asha said...

Congratulations for blogging for 3 years Sri, good luck for coming years too. I just read this post, waiting to see Thanda Mela round up! :))

Divya Vikram said...

Sorry Valli missed this Mela :( I somehow thought this mela was until June 30th!

dwaipayan said...

when will u post the round up??

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...