Saturday, March 20, 2010

IndiBlogger Chennai Meet

I have met food bloggers before on couple of occasions and I am regularly in touch with few. But this evening I had a different experience meeting bloggers from Chennai. The meet was organized by Indibloggers. The event started at 2.30 pm and went on till 6.30 pm.

Things have been hectic off late at home, so I was not sure if I would make it till the end. Result was I forgot my camera and I lost the presence of mind to click with my mobile. Anyway will put up some pictures when the organizers do.

The meet started with 30 sec fame, where all bloggers got to introduce themselves and which in turn had everybody knowing about them. I felt really happy when quite a few of them came up and said they read my blog and was happy meeting me in person. And many came forward to know the site details because they were interested in sharing the blog with their moms. That was really very sweet!

All in all it was a wonderful occasion and I ended up meeting some nice folks. I know this makes me to announce the meet I was planning, that will be done very soon!

Back to Main Recipe Index

Go to "Spice your Life" Blog Index


Enter your email address:


23 comments :

nivedita said...

Hi Valli,
Thanks for the post! Good chance you got to attend the meet. Will wait for the photos.
And yes!! eagerly waiting for our meet.

umbrella said...

wow..that was quick! yeah..we all had nice time..isnt it? This is the first time i got to meet a food blogger. who doesnt like good food? from now on, count me in as ur regular reader!:)..happy days.tc

sra said...

how thrilling to be told by new ppl that they are familiar with your blog! wish i could have made it but it's a busy day for me

Moulee said...

It was a nice meet, I enjoyed it.

Malathy said...

You are the first blogger to blog about the event.
Nice to know you Srivalli.

I wonder why you have not monetized your blog with Google.

Your Alexa rank is also good.

Pritya said...

Sounds maha thrilling Valli...will try to be there next time.

OldSailor said...

We rarely get a chance to meet so many bloggers. It was a enjoyable meeting.

Aaarti said...

hey Valli

Was good meeting u.. apart from Aru n nandita,and Aparna not met any food blogger :-)
I do share recipes on my blog, but dont have a dedicated food blog like u guys do!!

Shall be visiting her more often! :)

Prajusha said...

sri,
thanks for sharing..nice to read..
www.icookipost.com

Rachana Kothari said...

Hey Valli,
Ins't it great to meet our fellow bloggers:) Its so satisfying to hear that so many people are following your blog:) Will wait for the photos:)

Anoop Johnson said...

It was awesome meeting you guys! Heck it was like my college reunion :).. Nice write up!

Cynthia said...

I'm so excited to see the pics!

jayasree said...

Nice to know you had a good time at the meet. Looking forward to our meet announcement.

Mohan said...

I have read some great comments about your foodie articles! Look forward to be frequent here :)

Good to read that you folks had a rocking time socializing with fellow bloggers.

Deepa Raman said...

valli..sure..will pass on the pic ya..yes food blogs are always in..

Jayashree said...

Nice that you were able to make it.....I wanted to, but couldn't.

Miri said...

Sounds like a great opportunity to meet and greet!!

shriya said...

Looks like I am gonna miss it. I was in chennai last month. Wish I am there. Have fun guys!!!

Indyank said...

umbrella, sailor...everyone is here...i think we should soon have food meet sponsored by you :)

Revathy Easwar said...

Hi,
just hopped in from Indiblogger..
U know being an hostelite, ur blog probably gonna give me ulcers..
But I guess i'll compensate for it by sending my mom mails for the weekend menu.. :D

umbrella22 said...

Hey guys..posted pics of the meet in my blog.

Soumya said...

Nice meeting all of u there. It was real fun scratching each others back!!

Srivalli said...

Nive & jayasree, Will be announcing it soon

Umbrella,Deepa Raman, I am very glad we met..:)

sra, you should've come!..it was fun

Moulee, Oh yes we did right!

Malathy, that is nice to know..:)

PJ, you are sweet!

OldSailor, rightly said

Aaarti, Nice to know that! Saw your blogs, gosh wonder how you manage so many!..thanks, will look fwd to your visits!

Prajusha, thank you..:)

Rachana, I know it was so nice

Anoop, thank you!

Cynthia, will do that soon..

Mohan, I am so glad to hear that!..:)

Jay, Miri, shriya, thank you!

Indyank,..:)

Revathy, heheh..pls do that

Soumya, haha..that was the fun part!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...