Monday, August 24, 2009

A Trip to Tirumala Temple!

A trip to Tirumala Tirupati takes planning. Its not only a place I love visiting but also happens to be my parent's native place. So you can imagine my joy going back there every time. As I child, I remember traveling with parents to grandparents home. For us a visit to the temple is a must atleast once a year, if not more than that. And Dad used to take care of all the arrangements. From what I remember it wasn't so crowded as it is now. And it used to more of a resort than anything else. The cool weather with the lovely cottages and less crowd. it used to be a trip worth looking forward too.


View of the Waterfall from Tirupati on way to Tirumala

The times when we didn't visit the temple, I used to satisfy myself going to the terrace of my grandparents home and gaze at the Gaali Gopuram that is visible all over tirupati. Though we visit the temple frequently, I never get to click all the pictures to my heart's content nor end up posting it. This time, since I wanted to make sure I did! Since we booked the tickets much earlier, we didn't realise that Ganesh Chaturti was on Sunday. So when we knew, we decided to start back early from the Tirupati to be on time for the Ganesh pooja.. Both on the trip up and down, we saw huge Idols of Lord Ganesh being taken for the pooja.



Alipiri ~ Welcome by Garuda

We started here by 10 am. On the way I stopped hubby dear for couple of pictures. We reached Tirupati by 1.30 pm, had out lunch at Hotel Bliss. Then moved on to Alipiri, the starting place for the car route. It was drizzle a bit and we could see the beautiful waterfalls. The beautiful Garuda standing erect looks too awesome! I could also see the Gaali Gopuram, which is en route by the walking path. Years ago, on my only trip by walk, I remember stopping there for solid 30 minutes to rest. It was still so fresh in mind, the entire 5+ hrs that we took to climb the stairs. The steps from Gaali Gopuram are really too steep. This time round, we stopped to click some pictures too!

View from the Second Hill



Posing en route!

The weather so magically changed from being to chill to foggy. along the way I even clicked pictures which reflected on the side mirror. We reached Tirumala by 3.15 or so. Since the Darshan was booked for 3 pm, we went straight to the counter place. The place was comparatively low, the next day being the Vinayaka Chaturti. After a long time, we went using the Sudarsanam Token, which on regular days might taken more than couple hours for one to get Darshan. This time it took about nearly 2+ hrs. It wasn't the usual pushing and pulling experience. It normally gets very crowded near the Maha Dwaram.

Lord Venkateshwara Temple

After the darshan, we stayed over the night and returned by early next morning! Stopped on the way to click pictures of the beautiful waterfalls.

Waterfalls on the way back

And you can't miss the naturally formed Garuda in the mountains!

Natural formation of Garudu in the mountain

Gaali Gopuram


Lord Anjaneya ~ on the way down

The beautiful huge status of Lord Anjaneya is on the way down. Its also situated in the place used by pilgrims who walk to the temple.

More pictures to follow in my journey called life!

Back to Main Recipe Index

Go to "Spice your Life" Blog Index


Enter your email address:


26 comments :

Priya said...

Lovely post Sri..Fabulous clicks...

Rush said...

India holds so many undiscovered places for me, espcially south..i wish to learn and visit some day..thanks for ur travelogue...so refreshing and cudnt be better on a special occassion like ganesh chaturthi...fun reading and looking at all the pics!!

Pavithra said...

Seeing the pictures of tirumala really feel like going there right away.. last yr we went its very nice to go there...

lata raja said...

I realise how good the trip has been. Loved the serenity that overflows in the nature around. Thanks for a nice picture filled write up.

Vidhya said...

Thanks Valli for those pictures. You really took us to Tirupati. I went once and I am always scared to go there because of the crowd. Thanks once again....

Indrani said...

beautiful breathtaking pictures...hope to visit one day, for now I saw thru ur eyes...thanks, Sri

Rajani Rayudu said...

Hi Sri,

Happy Vinayaka Chavithi!! first time seeing your photo,
you look like my vadina. Garuda in rock formation look so nice, never seen that photo before.

cheers
rajani

Pooja said...

there is something very divine about this place ! have visited this many times and will keep visiting ! thanks for the darshan !

Jhanani said...

Lovely pictures, Valli. The picture of Garuda was well-captured. Thx for sharing with all of us. Cheers.

rekhas kitchen said...

Thank you so much for those lovely pic. valli. You realy too me to tirumala.very nice postand beautiful clicks.

Nandini said...

Wow! Those pictures are amazing! How placid nature looks! I really felt that I was in the Tirumala Temple when seeing those pictures! It reminds me of my school and college days.

Ann said...

Lovely read Sri..and thanks for those gorgeous pictures..You still have a cute lill girl inside you..hugs

Divya Kudua said...

First things first..Great post Valli and so good to see your snap amidst the post..:)Looking nice..:)

We've been going to Tirupati from ever since I could remember.Like you said,a trip is due once in every year.I've walked all the way to Tirumala twice and it truly was an unforgettable experience.I just realized that I don't have a single pic of us in Tirupati,or rather of Tirupati:).We usually don't take cameras along coz of all the hassles.I do have some "instant" photos took at Papanasanam though:)

Uma said...

Wow, those are some nice pictures. Thanks for the virtual trip Srivalli. Lovely post.

Subhashini said...

Wow.. superb shots.. Planning to go to Thirumala this october.

kamalabhoopathy said...

Nice shots. Felt as if i were in Tirumala. thank you for sharing this nice photos

Pavithra Vijay said...

Hello Srivalli,

Nice pictures...You look very nice. Hope you had a wonderful tour and nice dharshan at the temple.

Vrinda said...

Thanx for visiting my blog,i never been to thirumala,nice pics..

Red Chillies said...

It has been 10 years now sinceI viisted the Tirumala Temple. Good to see you as well Valli.

AM said...

ahhh...I felt as if I had been to Thirupathi...great pics including urs

Varunavi said...

Lovely pictures.Its been more than 3 years i visited tirumala.My next visit to hyderabad will go there.

Now i know the face behind cooking 4 all seasons :) after seeing u i felt i have seen u some where.

Shri said...

Srivalli!
I love visiting Tirupathi.It is really serene..Lovely pics..I have been to Tirupathi every year until 05 and did not get a chance to visit since then but where are the water falls?We used to go by walk and in the car to Tirumala but never came across these gorgeous waterfalls.Is this new or a different route??

Mythreyi Dilip said...

Great post Srivalli! Nice clicks. It had been quiet sometime i went to Tirumala. Once i am back to India, should visit soon. Thanks for sharing those pictures.

notyet100 said...

thnks for refreshin my memories feel like gng again,.:-)

Mallugirl said...

That's u? i finally have a face to the name.:)

HomeStaysDOS.com said...

Loved your blog post. We've taken the liberty to link to it. You can check it out here
http://www.homestaysdos.com/browse/Andhra%20Pradesh/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...