Monday, May 25, 2009

Announcing Mango Mela!

I know I know, I am still getting entries for the Mithai Mela from bloggers who decided its better late than never! I can never say no to entries, after all there is something called life right, and life out of blogging does exist. So what you forgot to send in at the right time?

Before that, I wanted to share my excitement in getting featured in The Hindu. My recipe, another version of Andhra Chicken Roast, got published this weekend and I was all too trilled getting so many calls from friends who read about it. Some from friends who didn't know about my blogs existence, so it sure was an interesting thing to discuss with them.

Coming back to the Mela, I know its hideous to think of another event, while Mithai Mela is still not done. I am hoping to post the round up by the first week of June.

I want us to bask in the glory of season and that being the Mangoes it naturally calls in for a mela. I have not really thought if I would want to accept entries of non food types, but if you feel you can't cook anything with Mango but good at Art, well I am fine with that too.

I want us to really enjoy Mangoes in all forms!


Here’s how it works:

1. From now till July 10th 2009, cook any dish with Mango as the main ingredient and post on your blog with a link back to this announcement and use the logo.

2. Please make sure you rename the picture with your Name and the dish name. I would like it in this format please if its not a tough thing eg: "Blogger Name's Dish Name"

3. Entries sent to Mango Mela can be entered to other events.

4. If you are not able to make anything in time, you may send your entries from Archives, provided they are reposted as New!

5. Once done, you can send in your entries to cooking4allseasons@gmail.com with the following details

Sub: Mango Mela
Blogger name
Post URL
Recipe name
Picture

7. Non bloggers can send their entry with the recipe details and pic, if any to my email acct.

Expecting lot of mango mania!

Back to Main Recipe Index

Go to "Spice your Life" Blog Index


Enter your email address:


39 comments :

Pooja said...

Congrats Valli...Will send an entry to your mela...

Parita said...

Congo for featuring in Hindu :) be sure to get loads of entries for mango mela :)

Pooja said...

Congrats on your recipe being published in Hindu :) Wow this is a great event. Mangoes are my favourite. Will send something!

RAKS KITCHEN said...

Congrats Srivalli,on being featured in The Hindu!! Feel happy for you:)

Mango mela is sure going to be a super hit,happy hosting!

Pavithra said...

Lovely drink... Wish to have a slurp.

Prathibha said...

congrats valli....Great event..I have already something waiting for this event..:)

notyet100 said...

yummy event,..:-)

Shreya said...

Congrats! And this is a great event..:-)

sharmila said...

I have just finished the mangoes in my house .. and then you come up with this. :-(
Congrats n your recipe being featured Srivi! Way to go! :-)

Divya Vikram said...

Congrats Valli! That is a great moment! And great choice for the next mela!

jayasree said...

Congrats Valli. Good that we got a chance to see the person behind all this.

Shall surely send in something for the event.

Suparna said...

Congratulations on ur recipe featured in Hindu :)
great to see another announcement already!Happy hosting and waiting to see the methai meal round up too!
TC

Sammy said...

hey Srivalli. I'm a new blogger and wanna send few recipes for Mango Mela but I dont know how to "link back to this announcement and use the logo." Any help.

Thanks in advance

BTW Congrats!! for your feature. This is my link --

http://recipes2relish.blogspot.com/

Happy cook said...

Congragulations valli.
I will sure send you a dessert which i have been wanting to make for long, will have to make with freezer mango.

Hema said...

Congrats Srivalli.. count me in for the event :))

Priya said...

Congrats Sri..will surely send my entries soon...Great theme for a great event!!

Navita said...

Congrats dear! great job on being published. :)

homecooked said...

Congrats Sri! That is indeed a lovely recipe :) Will try to send something for the mela.

Superchef said...

congratulations!! :):)

mango mela does sound like fun!!! i missed the mithai mela but will not miss this one :)

Vidhya said...

congratulations Valli on featuring in Hindu.I will try to send some. Just curious, can we send the entries which we posted already cos we are going to India on June 2nd and lots of functions going on next month so not sure whether i get time to cook something new there. You can mail me to viyer79
@gmail.com. I have posted some already in my blog with mango. If its ok for you, I can repost everything and send it to you...Please mail me before this weekend.. thanks

Meera said...

Wow! That's so cool. Congrats.

Hey, can i send a mango recipe that I blogged just a few days back?

Nirmala said...

Thanks for sharing the Hindu link Valli. I never got to read the paper. Sorry about the disconnected phone call as my charger broke only today I got access to my phone again. will call u soon. Congrats for the hindu appearance :) And yeah Mango Mania....count me in.

Ramya Vijaykumar said...

Wow sounds like a great event... shall send in some entries for this and between for the mithai mela if there is time left hurray more entries on the way then!!!

Cham said...

Congrats, u got 3 recipes in one post Valli from me!

Aparna said...

Congratulations, Srivalli.
And Mango Mania? I'll see what I can do. :)

pedatha1 said...

Hi Valli, mango recipes are always exciting...will try to participate. It was good meeting you...we must do it again.

renuka said...

Congrats Sri and count me in for the event

Srivalli said...

Thank you everybody for the wishes...hope you all will be able to send in some entries!

Raaga said...

raw and ripe mango?

what about something I posted just in May... but before your announcement I think... don't ask me to repost ya... please :)

Nithya said...

Congrats on all your success so far.. :) Happy for you.

Could you just clarify it raw mango is allowed for this event. I had just posted an art kinda thing some time back with raw mango.. So just thought if I could send that. Will wait for your reply and then go on sending it. :)

Anu said...

Congrats Valli...
Will try and send something to your mela...

Madhuram said...

Hi Valli, congrats on your recipe being featured in Hindu. That's a great honor. I just now found it while getting the link for Mango Mela. I'll send the details of my post shortly.

Anu said...

Hi Srivalli,

Just now sent an entry for this event. hope u received it. Happy hosting :)

Pakistani Mangoes said...

Congrats Valli...

Will try and send something to your mela...

Soma said...

Srivalli, just mailed you my entry.

Deepti said...

just sent u two recipes for the event.

shaista said...

Hi Sri,

just sent u my entry, check ur inbox, waiting for the yummy roundup. I blog at mixcalculations, hope u will visit my blog.
have a good day to u nd ur family

Shabs.. said...

Congrats on ur recipe being published in Hindu. I got an offer too in another magazine in malayalam...Being prepared for that and exited. Just send in my entry as i just saw the event now. Hope im not late:)

Leena said...

Congrats for featuring in Hindu..LOvely event please count me as well:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...