Sundays don't feel complete if its not
Pooris for breakfast. With the
pooris, the
channa makes an appearance every other week. This gives me a perfect chance to try out the different recipes I have for Channa. The
punjabi chhole, the
south indian channa, or the
channa masala. Added to this, is the fact that the kids look forward to a
poori session, making it all the more
encouraging. Twins somehow know its going to be
poori, and they linger under my foot with plates, saying
poodi pooodi. They look so adorable, pouting their lips to say
poori.
Chinnu even loves to eat the Channa. They wait impatiently for their puffed up
pooris. So this
sunday, the moment they saw me in the kitchen rolling out
pooris, they took out their plates and started saying
pooodi poodi.
Before having the breakfast, we had gone to the temple and
Amma had wanted hubby dear and the kids to feed banana to the
Gomaatha. You
should've seen the excitement for the kids. The boys were literally jumping, saying banana, banana and all ready to feed the calf and the mother.
Infact the last time, when
Amma had taken them,
Chinnu refused to give the banana, saying he wants to eat. But finally they convinced him to offer.
After the outing, we came back for a breakfast with
Poori and
Amrithsari Chhole! I hurried up with rolling the
pooris and when I gave them their plates, they made their dad sit down and feed them.
Chinnu even had a
separate serving of the
Chhole in between the
pooris.
Konda is very specific that she wants the perfect balloons.
Coming to this recipe, it was scouted out from an old paper cutting that I have been having over years and its called
Amritsari Channe. I am not sure of the authenticity, but the taste was really out of the world!