Paneer 65 ~ Indian Cottage Cheese Fried with Spices for Golden Fried Love!

Now who wouldn't love Paneer! Yeah there could be some, but mostly they would be non vegetarians. But Konda, even if she eats chicken, can easily give up for a Paneer treat. As I have mentioned many times, she wants to be served Paneer Butter Masala every week, if not once in 10 days. Now that's too much of calories for the adults at home. Though I don't mind one or two serving myself, I feel I could easily avoid that extra buttery stuffing it does to our waistline!

When she likes Paneer as such, why go to the extent of cooking it in lots of butter, nuts, and cream. So Paneer 65, is the best alternative, she has the Paneer craving attacks. Very simple to make, yet no compromise on the taste of eating just Paneer! Since we have the habit of making Paneer whenever there is some extra milk at home, Paneer gets stored through the week. When I saw a big stab of Paneer lying around begging for attention, all I had to do is ask Konda if she wants some Paneer. And you can see excitement simmering in her eyes!

Having confirmed, I marched to the kitchen with all things, and what do I see following me! The ducklings follow me in line. Yep, my three ducklings. Konda was gifted a toy duck with three ducklings on her first birthday. Hubby dear always teased me saying I am the mother duck, with one duckling. When the twins were born, he was more than happy on his words coming true. When I was hurrying up making these Paneer 65, my three little ducklings were eagerly waited to be fed! Believe me, Paneer got vanished in flat 5 mins, seriously!

Before I get on, just wanted tell you know that my sister in law, Pavani has a blog on her own now! Do drop in her blog, Food Lovers and check out what's gets cooked there!


Ingredients Needed:

Paneer / Indian Cottage Cheese - 400 gms, cubed into big pieces.
Ginger Garlic paste - 1 tsp
Chili powder - 1 tsp
Cumin Powder - 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp
Corn Flour - 1 tbsp
Besan / Gram Flour - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Lime juice - 1 medium
All purpose flour / Maida - 1 tbsp

Oil for frying
Method to prepare:

Cube the paneer into a 5 inch squares. In a bowl, take the paneer, add the salt, ginger garlic paste, chili powder, Cumin powder, Garam masala along with Corn Flour and Besan. It should coat the Paneer well.

Then squeeze out the seeds and add the lemon juice to the Paneer cubes. Let it rest for 5 - 10 mins.

Make a thick batter of the all purpose flour with little water.

Heat oil in a pan. Once its hot, simmer. dip the paneer cubes in the maida batter, and gently drop into the hot oil.

Since Paneer is tender, it gets cooked very fast, so turn it immediately and cook on both sides till they are golden brown.

Remove on a kitchen towel and serve hot!

Happy eating and happy weekend!

Just 5 days more for the Soups and Stews to get simmered in Microwave for MEC, hope you are getting them ready! I am planning to make some this weekend, hopefully!

Labels: , , ,