Eggless Chocolate Brownie with Banana ~ Sinfully Delicious!

I had been waiting for many months to actually bake these brownies. Almost since I got to eat what Lak had made for us. I got hold of two chocolate bars immediately, in hopes of baking these. But time just flew and these bars had only each other for company, in the cold compartments of the freezer. Well there was this tin of peaches, of course! Not being satisfied, she had to ruffle the devil, Lak again made some more to tease us. And thats it, I had to make it. One Sunday evening found me in great need to baking these, plus the sight of two lone overly ripen banana, didn't help much! Just to confirm on the proportion, called up Lak. Well what followed were series of calls and messages between us, because I add too much of butter and the whole thing looked like a big mass of chocolate floating in the dish with butter sparkling!

Lak was very sure that whatever may go wrongs, brownies will save themselves. I kind of liked her consolation, for I had dropped in quite a lot of stuffs in it and I didn't want it to go waste. Of course, I could always lick it away. And Chinnu, who was seeing me through the whole process, had already tasted the batter and wanted more. So he would've been happy to nod again. After a hasty span of 10 mins, I was in a hurry to remove and taste. Wow, it was too sweet and buttery. But how is complaining. I simply loved every bite. To top it, I had added roasted nuts. Can you imagine the divine taste the whole thing had?

You won't believe, I enjoyed every bite of it and was glad everybody simply loved it. It is indeed a great pleasure knowing what was doomed to be a disaster turned out so well. Next time, I will come up with a better doomed one!

Ingredients Needed:

All purpose flour / Maida - 1 cup
Butter - 100 gms (should've added little less)
Dark Chocolate - 125 gms
Milk Chocolate - 115 gms
Ripe Banana - 2 big
Sugar - 1/2 cup and then powdered
Cinnamon powder - 1/4 tsp
Baking Soda - 1/4 tsp
Cooking Soda - a pinch
Chopped nuts - 1/2 cup

Method to prepare:

Melt the chocolates in microwave for 2 mins. Then add butter and put it back for another 2 min. You will have a real blended chocolate and butter.

Pulse the banana with a tsp of milk to get a puree. Add another tsp if needed.

In a bowl, take the AP flour and mix the dry ingredients. then add the powdered sugar and then melted butter and chocolate bars. Mix well. Finally add in the pulsed banana and chopped nuts and mix well. You should not beat it but gently mix it.

Grease a microwave bowl with butter and dust it with AP flour. Then pour in the batter and microwave for 7 mins. Normally a quarter kg of cake or brownie takes about 4 mins in micro, since this comes to about 750 gms, it will take about 7 mins.

But be sure to check in between by inserting a clean knife in the middle. If it comes out clean, its done. Of course its only after 7 mins.

Let it rest for 5 mins. Cut and enjoy!

Labels: , , , ,