Friday, July 11, 2008

Announcing Curry Mela ~ an event to celebrate Indian Curry!

Well this is not about how the English think about Indian Curry. I rather liked the term Curry, so thought of having it as the name of this Edition. I have always wondered what to make to accompany Dosa, Idli, Chapati or even at times Rice. When dal is not the preferred item to include, you are left with no choice much. At least our south Indian cuisine to certain extent. Its always either Sambar or Coconut chutney for Dosa or Idli. Or some dal for Chapatis. Or sambar for Rice

So here is an event, where you can showcase what different gravies you prepare for the different meal of the day. The gravy should be Non Lentil based. It can include legumes, dal, vegetables. But the base should not be thick dal, like in Sambar.

The Gravy cannot of the following
Chutneys, Podis, Sambars, Lentil Based or Dry Veggies (Stir fries, poriyals)

What is accepted:

The gravy base has to be liquid made with something other than Dal. It can be Coconut Based, Tamarind Based. And it can have dal in it as in Kootu.

The entries can be side dishes served for Dosas, Idlis, Pooris, Rotis (all variants), Rice. I guess that covers everything! It can be both Veg and Non-Veg. And from any Indian Cuisine.

Send in as many as you like from now till August 20th 2008. Email your entries to cooking4allseasons@gmail.com
To participate in this event, please have these in mind!

1. Cook anything thats a gravy served with other main course and post it on your blog from now till August 20th 2008. Can send in as many entries are you can!

2. Add a link back to this event announcement, would be nice if you can include the logo!

3. Please send me an e-mail to cooking4allseasons@gmail.com with the following info.

Subject : Curry mela for Dosa (or if its for Idli or Roti or Rice, please mention that)
Your preferred Name
Dish Name
Your post URL
A picture of the gravy alone is fine, but will be great if you can include the accompanying dish like the Dosa, Roti etc Don't worry about the size.

4. Non bloggers can e-mail me the recipe and the picture and I will include it in the round up.

5. If you feel you want to participate but can't find time enough, I will accept already posted entry, if you create a NEW POST linked to this announcement. But it will be really fun to create a new dish!

Looking forward to all your enthusiastic participation!

Back to Main Recipe Index

Go to "Spice your Life" Blog Index


Enter your email address:


58 comments :

Divya said...

Great idea Sri..would love to participate..!!

Sia said...

what???? just finished mega roti mela round-up and here u r with another events along with ur on-going MEC... valli, u r too much girl...
expect few dozens of curries from me :) love the theme and logo...

homecooked said...

Wow...I will definitely participate!

Priti said...

Great..where you get energy to host so many events...on the way my entries

Alka said...

ONE MORE EVENT....Where the hell do u get that energy to hold marathon events?
Well obviously count me in,these days it appears i m preparing stuff just for evnets....lol
Take care and regards

jayasree said...

There, Valli dear is back with a new event... lovely theme. Now that dosas and rotis are made, next comes in the line is the Curry. I am in.

SriLekha said...

nice event sri.. will soon start preparing for it.. can chutneys also be posted?

Jayashree said...

I was wondering what you'd come up with for the next mela??? Nice theme....

Veda Murthy said...

I am IN gIRL!!!!!!!!!!!

vEDA

Medhaa said...

Great Srivalli I will surely participate...

satya said...

Is there any other place on this planet where melas are organised and celebrated this frequently?.......:D

Trupti said...

hey Srivalli, you just finished Mega roti mela and now Curry Mela plus MEC event..u are very busy.
Nice theme and nice logo..I am in

notyet100 said...

wow,..nice theme,..count me in,..:-)

kamala said...

Yesterday only I thought you would come up with gravy mela to accompany Dosa and Roti Mela...I am surprised today when I open ur site..Will try something new.Store lot of energy for the mega round up!!!

Sharmila said...

Wow! Another mela!! What is the secret of your energy? Am in this too. :-)

Vcuisine said...

Mine is in your inbox valli. Check it out. You might like it. Viji

shriya said...

As sia said you just finished one and here you are with another really great and kudos to your effort. Count me in too.

Sunshinemom said...

I thought you would want to rest after that mega round up! Great idea - I am in:)

Divya Vikram said...

Nice logo Valli..would love to participate.

Suma Rajesh said...

great event srivalli..i will surly prepare and send u somthing....luv ur event a lot

Swati: Sugarcraft India said...

A lovely event I know is again on the making...
Best wishes for this too!!

KALVA said...

I am in dear.. lovely

Cham said...

Here you go, perfect mela to the follow up :) You throw the party and we re ready to join hands, Valli!

DK said...

U r on a spree girl....Will put my thinking cap on to make something special for you. :) This time I promised to send MANY entries too ;-)

Vanamala said...

Wow nice theme..i have few of curry in my mind and yet to post in my blog..will send to you

Tee said...

This time i am in for sure! ;)

Madhavi said...

You rock gal, great theme!!!

Nithu said...

We are up for it!!

Cynthia said...

A fantastic idea!

Usha said...

Hi Srivalli,great idea,am going to go look for my thinking cap:)
Enjoy your blog so much,just added you to my blogroll.:)

Kalai said...

Amazing idea, Valli! So, do you ever get time to rest, I wonder? Between work, the kids and hosting these events, you are really awesome! :) Sounds lovely. So, is this veg or are non-veg curries also ok? :)

Suma Rajesh said...

hey srivalli...tell me even curry for puries is also allowed rt?...tell me make it clear .. :)

rekhas kitchen said...

valli you are a real mela queen I was just about to aske you what is the next event valli and there you are greeeet event I am in let me see how can i do thanks for the event

Uj said...

Hey..You are a bundle of energy..Touchwood..Count me in for this mela to... :D

Dee said...

After my disastrous roti you'd think I'd give up ;)
Can I cook a Malaysian curry?

Anisheetu said...

Great event yaar... m in for it...try to cook something new... if not will send the old post for sure... :)

Purva Desai said...

Sri,
I ve linked second curry for curry mela event.....still facing same problem....not able to link it.
Hence mailing u the link...
Kindly check it

Purva Desai said...

I have emailed you my second entry...
will that do???

Sangeeth said...

I have sent my entry to this lovely event...hope u recieved it :)

Purva Desai said...

Sri,
Did u received my entry for gatta curry??

Padma said...

Will try to come up with something for this mela, you are a awesome host, girl!!

Sanhita said...

Hi, I am new at this and would love to participate. I like your blog too. I added you on my blogroll. Hope you don't mind.

Veda Murthy said...

hey sri...please check if u got my entry for curry mela....potato saagu

Purva Desai said...

Sri,
I ve mailed u my third entry for the event - Tilwale Aloo Curry....Hope u ve received the same

Jaya said...

Dear Sri,
its really a good event and I have sent you my entry...hope you got that ..
hugs and smiles
jaya

TBC said...

Hey Srivalli,
Just mailed you my entry. Hope you got it.:D

Lubna Karim said...

Nice theme. When the entries are post i get huge collection to cook from i think. No need to think much of combi's after the post been publish. Sending my recipes for the curry mela. This is for the first time iam participating in this mela.

Madhavi said...

Hi Srivalli, just sent you my entries, hope you got it !!!

Sukanya said...

Hi Srivalli, have just posted my entry. All the best for the round up.

Aartee said...

Hey Srivalli,
I mailed you a few entries and u sure can expect some more from me! Love your event!

Mansi Desai said...

just sent you my entry Sri! will try to squeeze another one if I cna make it in time:)

Dershana said...

Hi srivalli,

have sent you my first entry.

thank you for the opportunity.

Diamond & Pearl said...

Hi Srivalli,

I missed roti mela since I had had a busy schedule the past few months. I'm sending my entry for the curry mela!

SriLekha said...

have sent u y entries and an event going in my blog also! do particpate in it!

Sangeeth said...

just sent my entries dear...

RP said...

Hey..this reminds me of Anthony's curry mela, one of the very first food blog events that I've participated. Wonder what happened to Anthony & his curry mela!!

Maya said...

Hey Srivalli, Just sent you an e-mail with my 2nd entry..Thanku :)..

Divya said...

Hey Sri,
Gosh I am just looking at this event. I would love to contribute... but I have to cook up something quickly now.
Is it ok if I sent you the info & picture today and do the posting on my blog tomorrow or the day after?
(since I dont have time today)I am so sorry!
Let me know :(

Divya

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...