Sadda Dosa, Bajra flour Pancake ~ 101 Dosa Varieties!

I am getting back to my dosa varieties after a long time . I thought I will attend to it with this recipe. Sadda pindi as I said, is quite a common flour at home. Athamma makes it a point that she has these at regular interval during week. I love dosas of any type and this is no different. This finds itself at our table when we are bored with the other types of dosas. And I must say, its very tasty, not to say healthy!

I am down with fever and the usual other siblings of that, so I dont' find myself energetic to key in long stories related to this dosa, though there are quite a many stories spun around this!

Ingredients Needed

Sadda Pindi / Bajra flour - 1 cup
Wheat flour - 2 tbsp
Salt to taste

Garnish

Onions - 1 medium
Coriander leaves some
Green chilies - 2 finely chopped




Method to prepare:

In a bowl, take the flour and mix the wheat flour and salt. Then slowly add the water. Mix well as not to have any lumps.

Wheat flour is added just to get the pancake off the tawa, you can ignore it, if you want.

Heat a tawa, smear oil, pour a ladle ful of batter over the hot tawa. Spinkle oil around the edges, so that it comes out well. Before flipping over, garnish the onions, corinader and chillies.

Then flip it over. and cook well.

Serve it with gun powder or ground nut chutney.

On the marathon running, we have!

Siri comes out with her favorite health drink
Dhivya is again tempting me with Choco-Date and Walnut Brownies
Ranji is out with some yummy looking chicken drumettes.
Finally Swati is out with her recipe of chole bhatura
Arundati comes out with some classic Saffron Risotto
Tzatziki who? Don't ask me, ask Bhags!
Raaga makes a discovery with spinach in coconut milk!
Divya turns lady's finger into the authentic south feast!
Lakshmi comes out with some yummy discs made with brinjal!

Labels: , , , ,