Sunday, May 11, 2008

Coconut Coriander Rice ~ Tried & Tested!

Tried and Tasted is the new event started by the lovely Zlamushka at her Spicy Kitchen! This is an event to appreciate other blogs - an opportunity to thank our fellow bloggers for sharing their recipes by re-creating them. Starting the very first edition of T&T, “laboratory rat” as Zlamushka says is our dear friend Cynthia of Tastes Like Home.

Appreciation from people who try your recipe and enjoy is such a pleasure. So I was all excited when I saw this event.

Cynthia is a warm and wonderful person who always has a kind word for every blogger she visits. She is too good in her writings and her pictures are simply awesome. I have been many times in her blogs, simply stunned by her beautiful pictures. Many looked too complicated for the poor me!


Then I saw this yummy looking rice. And I simply couldn't resist myself from asking her for the recipe! I have the print out with me for many days. And I have been looking at it and wondering when I will prepare it. So when I saw this event and Cynthia being the rat, oops lab rat rather, I couldn't stay away from making it.

Infact I tried recreating her picture, I know its no way as near pretty as hers. The taste was as she said. This recipe is sure keeper!

Thanks cynthia for wonderful recipe and zlamushka, for coming up with such excited event!

Back to Main Recipe Index

Go to "Spice your Life" Blog Index


Enter your email address:


24 comments :

priyaskitchen said...

oohh nice and c u always come up with such lovely comfort food recipes and so i chose u to be one of my yummy blog winners... happy cooking...

Nupur said...

I remember that column from Cynthia...talking about how we are always learning new things in the kitchen, which is so true.
The rice looks completely awesome, flavorful and colorful, and your picture looks great!

kamala said...

I too love cynthia's awesome pictures.I could smell the flavor of coriander from here valli.

Uma said...

lovely rice! looks so green and delish.

Uma said...

Forgot to say, Happy Mother's Day!

Sukanya Ramkumar said...

Hi Srivalli...
This is a different try.... I have had coconut and coriander rice seperatly.... But never together.. Have to try this....

zlamushka said...

Hey, lovely pic. It looks fantastic, just like Cynthias. Oooh, I should try this one for I adore cilantro. isnt it great to explore other tastes? Thanks a lot for your lovely contribution :-)

bhags said...

The coriander rice looks yummy and those photos are real nice.......

Happy Mother's Day

Sagari said...

nice recipe srivalli ,color of rice look beautiful

Shweta said...

That rice looks so attractive that I am actually inspired to push myself into the kitchen and cook right now!

Ranjani said...

This looks so good! I'm going to give this shot.

Sandeepa said...

The rice looks so green and colorful, must have tasted great as well

Divya Vikram said...

yummy rice srivalli..

Lissie said...

thats a easy, healthy and yummy dish! i too am a fan of cynthia...

TheCooker said...

Oh I remember reading that column!
The rice looks positively delicious.

Jayashree said...

I love Cynthia's blog too....
Nice pic, Valli...

Swati Raman Garg said...

nice one... it looks so good...

Arundathi said...

I make a similar rice with green chillies and no coconut. This looks so delicious, Valli.

Namratha said...

Do'h, I was gonna make the same dish from Cynthia's.... :-D I have to spot another now :) Looks good dear!

Kalai said...

I remember this pic, too! Looks delicious like Cynthia's! :)

Mansi Desai said...

I make this on most week-nights when I'm feeling tired to cook something eelaborate:) loove the flavor pairing!

Srivalli said...

priya, so sweet of you!..thanks

Nupur, yeah its such an inspiring one...thanks..glad you find the picture good!

kamala, good...then we are going to have a cynthia fan club!..:)

Uma, thank you and I know you had a great time!

Sukanya, oh thats good too..and this together added great taste!

zlamushka, glad you came up with something like this..thanks

bhags, thank you!

Sagari, glad you feel so..thanks

Shweta, that will be my pleasure!..cos it was yummy!

Ranjani, most welcome! thanks for dropping by!

Sandeepa, you bet!..it was very flavorsome..cos of fresh roasted garlic in it

Divya, thank you!

Lissie, it got done so quick!

TC, you are right!

Jayashree, yea I have so many to join ..:)

KC said...

I was very taken with Cynthia's coco cilantro rice and made it also. It is a keeper for sure!

Cynthia said...

I love the photograph!!! :) Thank you so much for the kind and lovely things you said. I am humbled by your friendship. Thank you so very very much.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...