Aloo Subzi with Curds and Kasuri Methi

I was edging to do something different when I happened to check out Kamini's Aloo Sabzi. Well I knew that's what I was going to prepare. Never having prepared anything different with Potato other than my Potato Kurma or with Brinjal, this was something very different and a treat to the senses. Now I guess with all the hustle and bustles of other things, I never got around talking about my visit to Kamini's house, some months back. We all planned to meet and since Kamini couldn't make it for the first meet, she invited us home. Unfortunately, Lax and Nirmala couldn't make it. I was feeling so bad at canceling because I knew Kamini had gone to lot of trouble preparing so much for us. Since I had already planned and made arrangement at home, I decided to just pop in and pay a quick visit. Boy that was fun because I thought I knew the place well, only to realize that the place has changed so much that I couldn't find my way in or out. You know how it is right, you stop on the road and ask for direction, you are sure to be misled. People have a tendency to lift their left hand to say you got to turn a right. It so happened that I was directed wrongly two times, when I finally decided Kamini would be the best person to ask for. So finally I reached their place and was able to spend just about an hour or so.

But I was happy that I went because she had prepared such delicious snacks. I got to meet her hubby and sister, both were amazing people, so engaging and entertaining that I didn't realize the time passing away. And her snacks were lip smacking, I have been waiting to see when she will post them. She had prepared Cheese Corn cutlet, Kiwi Tart and chocolate brownie and few other things she didn't, when we confirmed we are not going to drop in. That Chocolate Brownie looked sinful, sad I couldn't eat as it had egg. Rest were yummy. So knowing that this Potato Sabzi was tried out by her, I knew it will be good. I made few changes to suit our taste, but everybody at home loved it. Its different!

Ingredients needed

Potatoes - 4 medium
Tomatoes - 3 medium
Ginger - 1"
Oil - 1 tbsp
Chilli powder - 1 tsp
Coriander powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder a pinch
Garam masala - 1/2 tsp
Curd - 2 tbsp
Kasuri Methi - 1 tsp

Method to prepare

Boil Potatoes and peel and keep aside.

Heat oil in a kadai, add the chopped tomatoes and finely chopped ginger. Add salt so that gets mushy and till the oil comes out.

Add all the dry powders. Cook for a few more minutes.

Dice the potatoes into cubes, Add the potatoes and fry for a few minutes. Then add the curd, the kasuri methi and 1 glass water. Cover with lid and cook till its a thick gravy

Yes this is also going to the Potato party. I am sure both the girls are cursing me by now. But what to do when dear friends are hosting something, got not to disappoint them right. ok girls, this is the final one..enjoy!

Labels: , , , ,