Salt Diamonds!

Salt Diamonds are something that every child would've had it I am sure. I guess its called by different names. I remember this snack being called as Maida Salt Diamonds because Amma used to make this in Diamond shape. It used to be my favorite snack and used to consume by tons!.And I have been wanting to prepare this again for ages but never got around making it at home. Amma also couldn't somehow came around making this for me. And when I asked Athamma she was not sure what I was talking about.

So when I decided to meet my fellow bloggers, I decided to make this for them. But the best part was my daughter loved this. She liked it so much that she wanted this for her school snacks. She came back saying her friends also loved it. Well nothing more to delight me!

Ingredients Needed:

Maida (All purpose Flour) - 1 & 1/2 cups
Salt to taste
Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
Clarified Butter / Ghee - 2 tsp
Soda a pinch
Water to kned

Method to prepare:

In a bowl take the maida with salt and ghee. Rub in well, so that it gets mixed properly.

Knead well to form a soft dough. Leave it aside for 1 hour.

Roll out to a thin size as a chapati on a rolling board. Slice with a knife as a diamond shape. I forgot to make them as diamond the first time.

Heat oil in a pan and drop the pieces gently into the oil. Turn on both sides so that it gets evenly cooked. Drain them to a kitchen towel. Keep them in open for sometime to get crispy salt diamonds. These can be stored in air-tight containers.

Enjoyed my childhood snack a lot, will be making this again sometime soon. Enjoy your weekend though its almost evening for me!