Thursday, October 25, 2007

Few of this and Few of that ~ All for Blog Events!

Well, finally I have been able to target both in one shot, had either one been something different may not have been possible. Somehow the entire month just flew with some work or the other and couldn't find time to hunt for peaches. And my saffron box got over and didn't really remember to get a new one. And all the blogs were coming with their own creations and I couldn't get one! I looked for fresh ones but not able to find and Lakshmi suggested I try Ooty Peaches. But none were available. Mansi also was nugging me. Not that I didnt want to send in one!

Somehow I decided I will get both today and prepare something new. I prayed I should get these in the super market. Got hold of the saffron and came out to the fruits shop only to be told not available. Again I barged in and tried to get hold of a canned one as Mansi said I can or rather should try canned ones too. Thought it was too big a tin but guess will come up with something new after the round up.

On the way home I was thinking of the title of this post and something stuck as "For one Sexy Siren and an English Teacher". (Mansi and Sunitha, no offense meant please, I meant in the most nicest way..:)..pls do say you gals won't mind this.) Well I really cant say that out right. So thought of some thing else that might be catchy.

Here is the canned tin of peaches.

Now that I got hold of the necessary things, preparing something out of this is another task. Luck seem to be on my side. Hubby dear went out and kids behaved themselves. I was able to dish out this.


Took 1 & 1/2 peaches, added some 6 saffron strands along with 2 tsp sugar and microwaved it for 2 mins. Then mashed it well and cooked on stove.

Topped it over biscuits and just eat. Well if Bee can dish up some smart ones.. why not I in the moments of dire needs of a friend!

Sending this to Mansi for AFAM which is on Peaches this time and Sunita's Thick Spice ..Thick Saffron.

Girls will send the entries tomorrow as its 11.30 pm my time and I am typing away mad! Good night!

Back to Main Recipe Index

Go to "Spice your Life" Blog Index


Enter your email address:


16 comments :

Puspha said...

Awesome!!!!

Dhivya Karthik said...

hahahaha,

Cant stop laughing at what u wrote. Wonderful recipe and wonderful "title "- again with due respect to Both Mansi and Sunita!

How imaginative can u be :)

Mansi Desai said...

I don't mind this at all!!! Sexy Siren:0 no one's ever used that nickname for me before:D hilarious and very very innovative!! I love it!

thanks for all your effort in creating these beauties! they look wonderful! I bet Sunita will be happy too!:)

Tee said...

Genious! :) This could also be spread on chapathi or bread.

Lakshmi said...

Very Creative Sri..Liked it so simple yet so delicious! :) LOL about that title

RAKS KITCHEN said...

Wow thats simply superb...Two in one entry,Like your creative snack..:))

lakshmi said...

Ooty peaches disappeared the minute I mentioned them to you - seriously, where did they all go? and just a day before I said "Ooty peaches" they were flooding Pazhamudir Nilayam.

Swaroopa said...

delicious!! very creative. thanx for sharing.

Asha said...

Cool entry!! Love the title and what you wrote!!;D

bindiya said...

That was funny and delightful at the same time Sri, u too- killing two birds with one stone????!!!

Sharmi said...

hehe... every body is behind peach and saffron right? so many ideas and creativity. make us so innovative:)your recipe is nice.

Apple said...

Very creative n simple....loved the title too

Latha Narasimhan said...

Yeah lakshmi said even otty peaches were not available at pazhamudhir nilayam! So we decided not to participate in this event!:))
Enjoyed your write up thouroughly!:))

Padma said...

Is in't funny that we all are plyaing in as if we are appearing for the exams, last minute rush, hahaaaa! even I did something similar for my entry to think spice....but still enjoying with my puris!

That is cool idea to top the snacko crackers! u rock Sri!!!!!!

Rachna said...

haaaa good one!!

Julie said...

Instant gratification! Yum!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...