Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Stuffed Paneer Parathas

My memories on Stuffed parathas goes back to the time we went to Pune to attend a Punjabi family friend's marriage. It was one cold December morning when we landed in Pune station. When I got down the steps, cold wind hit my face and I was chilled to bones. I am always very resistant to cold but it was so severe that even I felt very chill. We rushed to the guest house to get ready for the travel to Aurangabad where the marriage was to be held. On the way, we dropped in the groom's place for breakfast. We were lead into a portico with so many dishes laid on the table and we were amazed at the array of dishes, the breakfast items were so rich. We are only used to our South Indian items for breakfast but being a typical lover of Punjabi kaana, I just lugged on. Few things that are still fresh in my memory are the Stuffed Parathas, Moong Halwa and Bibi Ka Maqbara. Since I have never been to Agra, I fell in love with everything. That trip is still so fresh in memory...

Now coming to my Stuffed paneer parathas...I love paneer in all ways...but looks like my daughter also does...she just loved this with curds..so this feels special...

Serves : 8 medium parathas
Preparation Time : 15 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
Cuisine : Punjab

Ingredients Needed:

For the Dough

Atta - 1 cup
Madia - 2 cups
Salt to taste
Milk - 1 cup
Ghee - 2 tbsp

For the stuffing

Paneer - 100 gms
Onions - 1 big
Chilli powder - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Green Chillies - 1
Coriander leaves few

Method to prepare.

Mix the flour together with salt, milk and ghee. Crumble well. Then add water as required to make a soft dough. Keep aside for 10 mins. Divide into 8 equal sized balls.

Meanwhile grate paneer. Chop onions as juliennes, this way it does not fall out. Finely chop green chillies and coriander leaves.

Mix grated paneer with chilli powder, salt, Onion and Coriander leaves. Make 8 sized balls. I added finely chopped green chillies in the ones which was meant for my hubby dear. He likes his parathas real hot!

Flatten the dough by making the sides thin with the center portion thick. Place the stuffing in middle and cover it well.

Dust with atta and roll out evenly.

Heat a tawa and fry the parathas on both sides with Oil.
Serve this with curds and achaar. I normally dab a small slice of butter on hot parathas and serve with Avaakai.

Tastes yummy.

Sending this to Rich at As Dear as Salt for RCI: Punjab.

Back to Main Recipe Index

Go to "Spice your Life" Blog Index


Enter your email address:


22 comments :

Sharmi said...

those parathas look so perfect!! beautifully made.

Coffee said...

Ahh!! The perfct breakfast item! :)

Raaga said...

Nice :-)

Sowjanya said...

hey I'm the first to comment. Those look delicious. I'd surely try them. Thanks for dropping by my blog.

Cinnamon said...

Indeed very Yummy.... They look very delicious Valli :)

Laavanya said...

Paneer paratha looks heavenly - am sure it tastes great too.

Asha said...

Waht a great entry.Looks delicious with pickle and yogurt.
I have never seen Taj Mahal either,got to do it one day!:))

Saju said...

great recipe, tasty looking parathas!

Jyothi said...

Hi Srivalli, yummy stuffing.....love the paneer in any form. Looks great. Thanks for sharing.

Sukanya Ramkumar said...

Hi ...
This is looking delish!......I love stuffed parathas....Wating to try them out....

Padma said...

Hey Sri...I am also like my paranthas to be real hot.....its goes well with curd, ghee or simply achaar...nice post and pics too..great RCI punjabi entry...

SeeC said...

Hey Thanks for taking me to Pune :) I felt a trip.
Yummy parathas!!!

Meeta said...

Looks great. I love paneer and love parathas so this is awesome for me!!

Dee said...

srivalli, arent' they the best of all the stuffings in paranthas. I love paneer parathas.

bhags said...

parathas.....so many memories linked to them.
Am I the first one to comment

Richa said...

looks delicious! does adding maida make it crispier?

archana said...

Paneer parathas look delicious and are very very filling too :)

Srivalli said...

Thanks Sharmi

Agree with you Coffee

Thanks Raaga

Welcome to blog Sowjanya..thanks for your comments

Thanks Cinnamon...you are the first person to call me as I am called at home..:)

Yes Laavanya..they did..

Thanks Asha...I have found a companion..:)

Thanks Saju

Welcome...Jyothi..and thanks for dropping by

pls do Sukanya..sure will come out nice

Thanks Padma

I am glad SeeC..

Thanks Meeta

cent percent correct Dee

yes bhags...well..

Yes Richa..plain atta makes it very soft...but maida makes it crispier...

Thanks archana..

Jyothsna said...

Please send me some paraths and masala vadas!!! I'm really hungry coming here :))

Poonam said...

These parathas look so tempting...ummm

Poonam said...

The picture gives an impression that there is a lot of butter used in the recipe, but I was glad when I read the entire post!! Makes me want a bit right away!

Srivalli said...

Thanks dropping by Jyothsna..give me your address..will send some across..

Thanks for dropping by Poonam...glad you liked it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...