Pal Puri

When I first started blogging on food, my Athamma was very enthusiastic about it and gave me lot of ideas on what we can prepare and blog on. Everyday, She used to ask me did anyone liked or tried what you posted?. Well I just had to tell her, yes Athamma few did comment the recipe was nice but not sure if they tried it out. I said it might take a very unique recipe for others to try but what I have posted may be a known one. One evening when I got back home from work, I saw her very busy in the kitchen preparing something very different. The aroma was very inviting. I barged in and asked what she was up to and hubby dear said she was preparing something that they used to eat when they were small and quite popular in their place.

This dish was so different, I have never eaten this before, so do try this and let me know.

Between the name might mislead from thinking this is the regular Pal puri which is made by soaking regular puris in warm sugered milk. My recipe has milk extracted from coconut milk and poppy seeds...The regular pal puries Amma used to make for me when I was small...that is simple atta made puris soaked in milk that also tastes yummy and it should be eaten the same day, whereas this is more like a sweet dish.

Ingredients needed:

Maida - 1 cup
Ghee - 2 tsp
Milk - 1/2 cup

Poppy seeds - 1 tbsp
Coconut - 1/2 cup
Sugar - 1/2 cup

Method to prepare:

Make a stuff dough from Maida, ghee and milk. Roll out as puris.

Grind coconut, poppy seeds to a smooth paste. Cook them with sugar to get a smooth syrup.

Fry the puris in oil and soak them in the syrup.

Remove and garnish with fried cashew.

Labels: , , , , , ,