Saturday, July 7, 2007

Butter Paneer Masala

Well you may ask why I am posting almost the same dish again. But this is different, the ingredients added were different and so was the method in which is prepared. My Paneer Butter Masala was always a hit and this recipe I adapted from Prajusha, which goes by the name Butter Paneer Masala was even super hit. Thanks Prajusha for the lovely dish. As I said, I have tasted so many variations of Paneer Butter Masala that no two were same. This deserves a post for itself I thought. Hence this venture.

I changed few items as per our taste and yes the dish was yummy.

Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time : 15 mins
Cuisine : Punjabi

Ingredients needed:

Homemade Paneer - 250 gms
Onions - 2 big
Tomatoes - 3 big
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
Chilli powder - 1 tsp
Coriander Powder - 1 tsp
Garam Masala - 1/4 tsp
Bay leaf - 1
Salt to taste
Butter - 75 gms
Green Chilli - 2
Kasthuri Methi - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder a pinch
Almond paste - 2 tbsp
Milk - 1/2 cup
Fresh Cream - 1/2 cup
Coriander leaves

Method to prepare:

Chop Onions and 1 green chillies. Heat little butter in a pan and sauté Onion and green chillies. Once its cool, grind to paste.

Take puree from Tomato by boiling it in water and removing its outer skin.

Cut paneer into pieces and fry them in butter, take the other chilli, slit and fry in butter. keep both these
aside

Take the almonds and make a paste of it by running it in mixie.

Heat 75 gms butter in the cooking pan, fry onion chilli paste till its nice brown in colour. Add Bay leaf. Then add ginger garlic paste. Fry till its cooked well.

Then add tomato puree, almond paste, milk, chilli pw, coriander pw, turmeric pw and salt. Add required Water. Cook on high flame for 5 mins. Then simmer it, add Kasturi Methi leaves and cook for 10 mins.

Once the oil starts coming out of the sides, add fresh cream and fried paneer. Garnish with coriander leaves.

This is what I made for my daughter for dinner last night. Its her favorite Parotta with Butter Paneer Masala. She had one bite and said it tastes different. I asked if she liked it, She said yes but still it tastes different. I said its different.

Well everybody at home loved this very much. From now on, I might say I will have to prepare both the recipes alternately.
This setting is done by my daughter with her school napkin.

This is my entry for RCI: Punjab

Enjoy!

Back to Main Recipe Index

Go to "Spice your Life" Blog Index


Enter your email address:


21 comments :

Prajusha said...

Thanks a ton for trying out my recipe.
iam so happy to hear that ur daughter liked the new taste very much:)

Nanditha Prabhu said...

thanks 4 the recipe

USHA said...

Hi Srivalli,

Thanks for visiting my blog..hey you wonderful collection of recipes..hmmm..yummy my favourite non.veg recipes too...great....

SteamyKitchen said...

I love butter + I love paneer + I love masala....hmm....I better make this dish because it sounds sooooo good. I'll need to stop by my local indian market to get some spices.

Saju said...

looks very tempting, great pictures

Asha said...

What a beautiful entry for Punjab.Looks delicious.Thanks for this Sri.
Visit my Foodie's hope blog too,got some vacation photos this week!:))

Vcuisine said...

Irrespective of the butter content, it is tempting Srivalli. So rich and it looks good. Viji

priar's, said...

Hi srivalli,
mmmmmmmmm....butter masala is tempting.Ur fish gravy is mouth watering.....

Prema Sundar said...

My All time Favourite recipe. I use cashew paste for this but I think i would try with the almond paste the next time. Butter paneer masala has got a lovely colour and a good entry for the RCI too.

Sukanya Ramkumar said...

Hi....Thanks for dropping by.... U have a nice blog....Good set of recipes....Love them all...

Suganya said...

Paneer in any form or fashio.. Bring it on :) So you got yr little un in yr bloggy too :)

USHA said...

Hi Srivalli,

Thanks for your visit.

Rasa Malaysia said...

I found Indian food to be very complicated to cook even though I love it I hardly cook Indian food at home...great to have another Indian food blog to learn from. :)

archana said...

Nice recipe. The colour is perfect and it is looking delicious.Good entry for RCI :)

Jyothsna said...

I like this version...very creamy and rich!

Srivalli said...

Hi Prajusha thanks...yes I was very happy that this was well recieved.

Welcome Nanditha, Usha

Thanks for dropping in Jaden...do try and let me know

Thanks Saju

Thanks Asha...am a regular visitor to your foodie's hope...will sure check them out...thanks for dropping a line


hahah...yes viji, this does has little more butter...but its a great one for kids..

Thanks sena..

Do try this and let me know how it comes out...Prema


Welcome to my blog Sukanya...thanks and do visit again

Yes, Suganya she is always enthu..

Thanks for the nice words...RM..but Indian cooking is not so complicated if you have few things at hand to start with..glad to be of help

Thanks archana

Nice to know you like this Jyothsna

Linda said...

Hi Srivalli, this looks really delicious, love the color!

Viji said...

I love any item with paneer.I love panner butter masala.Lovely entry for punjab.Thanks for the recipe.

hima said...

What kind of cream i need to use in cooking this curry?
is Sour cream better?

Priyatama said...

Tried the recipe today! It was delicious. My hubby loved it.
I am a regular reader and a big fan of your blog.

Srivalli said...

hima, so sorry I haven't responded..thought I have...I use fresh cream....that also should be good, though I haven't used

Priyatama, thanks for the feedback..glad you liked this...nice to know that you are regular..its my pleasure that you like my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...