Monday, April 16, 2007

All about Cooking 4 all seasons...

Updated 20th, May 2009.

Cooking 4 all Seasons came into existence because I wanted to write a cookbook. One fine morning, I was struck with this urge to think about something else other than diapers, feeds, diapers and feeds. I won't claim I got up from sleep as those days, there hardly was any sleep. Our twin boys were 5 months old then. We had our hands full with the boys and a 5 year old. Still I went ahead and broached this subject to my partner in crime. He gave me a look that asked if I was crazy. So I didn't ask him much but went ahead with my ways and rest as they say is history or else you won't get to read this post after nearly two years right!

By occupation, I am a software professional. The times when I am not at office, I am seen either running behind my 3 kids or cooking to feed my family. The time what is left to me, is naturally spent thinking on how and what to blog on, which is mostly everyday simple Indian food. These are what I have learnt from my mom, from my mother in law (Athamma) and some my own creations. Food is never so delicious if there isn't a memory associated with that. And that's how I think about all dishes. Each one of them brings back many memories and I enjoy the thoughts that flow.

Hailing from a place that never has all the four seasons in its actual sense, I have always been fascinated with the four different seasons. So it was only natural that I think of a name depicting it. But if truth be told, it hardly was no longer than a minute when I pondered on the name. And there I was thinking I was doing a great thing by coming up with a cooking blog! I also kind of like the way it appeals to me on a metaphorical level. One thing led to another and I ended up having one too many topics to brag on!

With the boys growing up to eat regular food, I found it even more challenging to prepare food that they would like to eat. So on top of having a older kid who is a picky eater, I now ended up with a bunch of them. I felt the need to have a space dedicated to cooking 'Kid friendly' dishes that would vanish in a wisp! So you can check out Spice your life, a space where I felt comfortable discussing about issues that crop up for Parents, record dishes that a toddler would gobble up and easy breeze dishes for bachelors. Now don't ask me how that came about, its another story! Another most interesting topic is covering Diabetes, authored by my Dad. You can read more about it in Spice your life.

Finally after 500+ recipes and many months past, my hubby dear got convinced that I was serious on publishing a cookbook. So that's what is keeping us busy right now. We are hoping we would get the book out by end of this year! Will surely share it as I make more progress.

If you want to contact me for anything specific, please free to mail me cooking4allseasons@gmail.com

If you are interested to know about the Facebook Page that I created, then check out Cooking 4 all Seasons on Facebook

Spice your Life on Facebook

Apart from the usual questions I get asked lot of questions on dishes that I have already posted.

For ideas on what I have already posted please check Recipe Index.

How do I join Indian Cooking Challenge?

Indian Cooking Challenge is an event for bloggers who are interested to learn traditional Indian dishes. I choose and share a recipe with the members. We have a private blog where I post the recipe. All members will follow the same recipe and prepare in their kitchen. Everybody posts on the same date.
If you are interested to join, please read the rules and drop me a mail to spicingyourlife@gmail.com.


My dear readers and friends, I thank you for all the support given to me. I invite you all, to sit back and enjoy what the Seasons have to offer you!

In the process my dear readers maybe you can let me know how you landed here? Would really love to know whatever little that you can share about your life! Do drop a word or two..no?..:)


-Srivalli

Back to Main Recipe Index

Go to "Spice your Life" Blog Index


Enter your email address:


33 comments :

Manisha said...

Srivalli, congrats on your new food blog! Looks like you are already off to a fantastic start! I'm off to read your recipes...

Murugesh said...

Congrats Srivalli,
You have made a great start. Your recipes are simple and easy to make. All the best and Keep it up...

Thanks and Regards,
Murugesh

Anu said...

Wow... 500+ recipes in 2 yrs!!! U inspire novice bloggers like me :) Congratulations!! We too wish to see ur cookbook soon. All the best :)

Sharmila said...

A cookbook! Wow Valli! All the best for it! Can't wait for it. :-)

jayasree said...

Valli, hats off to you. You truly is an inspiration. Best wishes to your cookbook project. Can't wait to see it.

lata raja said...

Congrats!!!A cookbook,way to go !!!

bird's eye view said...

Congrats. BTW, happy to meet another parent of 3 brats :)

Indian Vegetarian Cooking said...

Great collection of recipes. Keep up the good work. Fantastic

radha said...

Hi Srivalli, great to read your blog thru Sahaja, sounds a very good source for recipes and stuff...will keep going,cheers, radha

Rush said...

My heartout wishes for ur publishing venture...great spirit Sri..love it and will b following ur blogs.
did u watch julie and julia?

Mythreyi Dilip said...

My hearty congratulations Srivalli, looking forward for your Cook book:)

sanjeeta kk said...

Hi Srivalli,
Got to know your blog through arundhati' blog. A very extensive site on Indian recipes.
Best wishes.

Anshu said...

Srivalli,
Great Blog...Very Good collection of Indian Recipes...
All the best...Keep it Up

Akalpita said...

Hi Srivalli,
Great blog, you did inspire me :)
I browsed to your blog from yumblog, saw your comment there and the link.

I want to start my own blog but was not bale to make up mind.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts and recipes.

mittu said...

Hey Srivalli!! your blog is very good! :) and Congrats on getting featured in Femina , very inspiring !!. Cooking, working, managing kids and managing 2 blogs that is quite a feat :D

Maria said...

Hi Srivalli

Thanks for dropping in at my place. You have a wonderful space here. Great job and all the best for your book!

Cheers
Maria

Swati said...

hi srivalli! am amazed at the way you seem to be juggling so many things in life and yet are taking out time to follow your passion. it is people like you who have inspired me to start my blog and do more than just go to work. will be following both ur blogs religiously from now on :) good luck!

Latha Nair said...

Wow!!!
This is quite a place!
Your blog will keep me
busy in the days to come:)

You must be super-human!!

Anonymous said...

Hi,
You have a lovely blog and it is amazing to see you juggling work,blog,kids!!! Good work!
Sahana.

Srivalli said...

Sorry for the late reply, somehow missed responding to the compliments. Thank you everybody who have taken pains to leave your thoughts and compliments..I feel really happy reading them and for getting your support!

Shobha said...

Srivalli, you are a real inspiration to all of us...even I love cooking and wanted to bring out a cook book but ended up starting a blog on food....hopefully I will, some day !
Congratulations to you!

Srivalli said...

Shoba, thanks for stopping by, thank you for your kind words. Best wishes for your book, I am sure it will happen!

Cooking Blog Indexer said...

This is great work...I am not sure if your cookbook is out yet, if not good luck with it...

Dinesh said...

Hi Valli
Really its a boon for guys who starts learn cooking

Srivalli said...

Thank you CBI

Thank you Dinesh, I am glad you find it useful!

Lakshmi said...

You have been awarded :)

http://inevitablenow.wordpress.com/awards/

Srividya said...

Srivalli, your blog is awesome! I already made a few dishes, and they turned out superb! :)

uma said...

Hi Srivalli,
I browsed to your blog while searching for pulkas .Your Blog is super.I suggested my friends too...All the best

San said...

Hey Srivalli,

Glad to follow your beautiful space, nice to know about you as well. It's really great to have kids n also updating this sweet space. Keep rocking.

Cheers,
San

Http://sanscurryhouse.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

hi srivalli,
ur recipes are gud like u.myself anjana and i had frnd with ur same name

Anonymous said...

Hi Srivalli,
This is an amazing step forward ....I am really proud of you. I will render my support by forwarding this to all my contacts.

Regards,
Unni

Venkatalakshmi Kolluru said...

Hi Srivalli garu,
I landed into this blog as I was going through the images of deepavali and somehow i clicked this image too and to my pleasant surprise, it is a store in intself... Wonderful job... keep it up... even i am a working lady with girl babies who always say "annam kakunda emmanna pettu".... it is why i found it very interesting. Congrats.

Rum said...

Hi Srivalli!
I live in the US in Houston and I must say I've lost count as to how many recipes I LOVE from your blog. Over the past few years,they are a no fail success. Every Single Time! I think my short note is looong over due.I especially love your chicken recipes and short stories as to how you came up with certain recipes! I tried one of your recent chicken curry posts and I just had to say -Thank you for a wonderful, wonderful collection of recipes ! :) - Ramya

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...